Botanical Name: Triticum Vulgare Method of extraction: Cold Pressed Country of Origin: USA Ingredients: Pure wheat germ oil Color: Dark yellow to amber brown
Wheat-germ oil is derived from wheat germ, which is considered the "heart" of wheat since it's found at the center of the wheat berry. It feeds the wheat plant with nutrients to help it germinate and grow. Wheat germ is the most nutritious component of the wheat kernel and contains 23 different nutrients, including protein, B vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, iron and calcium. Its dense nutritional benefits make it a healthy addition to your diet. The oil is also nutrient-packed, which makes it particularly well-suited to moisturizing and soothing your skin.
Uses and benefits:
1. Antioxidant and anti-aging Wheat germ has antioxidant and anti-aging properties, which help in preventing many diseases like cancer, cardiovascular disease, etc. It also helps in reducing the signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles, and also reduces premature aging signs. It preserves the texture of your skin and hair, and even protects your skin from damage.
2. Skin care Wheat germ oil helps in providing you with a healthy skin as it prevents many skin problems like psoriasis, eczema, and dry skin. You can apply it topically – it will soothe and repair your skin. It contains vitamin E oil, which is considered to be very good for the skin.
3. Reduce Cholesterol It lowers the bad cholesterol levels to a great extent and increases the blood circulation which, in turn, helps in keeping your heart healthy. The increased blood circulation also helps in making the skin and hair healthy.
4. Boosts Energy Wheat germ oil is high in a long chain, saturated, primary alcohol called octacosanol that improves the muscular energy. Thus, wheat germ oil is highly recommended for sportspersons. It gives energy and oxygen during exercise and makes you energetic too.
5. Improves Overall Health The regular consumption of wheat germ oil gives you a healthy, long and disease-free life. It prevents many diseases, reduces your stress, and makes you energetic. So, if you want to lead a healthy life, then do include three cups of wheat in your daily diet.