Fun piece to own and to make! Make sure no visitors mistake your felted rug for a real sheepskin - mix the locks! This 40 page tutorial (78 photos, please, see cover photo for sample) shows how to do just that - combine and felt different breed fleeces into a fun chair cover! Choose all cream like mine or naturally covered - all will be a hit!
Materials and tools used:
* Raw sheep fleece or pulled locks of a few breeds – you will need up to a pound (500 gram) of unwashed fleece. In this tutorial I used Lincoln Longwool, Texel, Texel X and Romney. Jacob, Shetland, Icelandic and practically any fleece with staple 3 inches and longer will make a lovely cushion, so experiment!
* Merino wool batt for base. 2-3 oz (60-90 gram) is enough. I know of people using Jacob, Finn wool, I have used Gotland lamb and Stone Sheep (Bergshaf) batts, so most any well felting wool will do.
* Optional but helpful. Cotton gauze. My cushion was to be 15 by 17 inches. So my gauze size is 20 by 23 inches (times 1.35)
* Bubble wrap at least 45 by 25 inches.
* Pool noodle (preferably) or kitchen rolling pin.
* Felting needle and brush/kitchen sponge for correction work.
* Household items: dish soap or bar soap, empty large cap container, old bath towel, gloves (for picking fresh produce at supermarket, hair dyes or other gloves that slide on wet surface) – those are optional but very useful if you can find them, available sink or bowl, vinegar, laundry or hair conditioner.
by Nadia Szabo, LunaviFelt Studio, Budapest, November 2017, all rights reserved, no parts of this tutorial may be reproduced and/or published without previous consent.
You will be able to download the file right after your payment comes through. Sorry but this item is non-refundable. Please, refrain from re-distributing in either printed or digital version.
PDF file can be read with AdobeReader available for free here: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/
Please, favorite my shop if you would like to stay updated :) or follow on Facebook www.fb.me/lunavifelt Instagram https://www.instagram.com/lunavifelt/ Thank you for dropping in!
I love your tutorials, Easy to understand and follow. Thank you!
Apr 20, 2018 by Kimberley Rossiter
This is an extremely well written eBook : 41 pages of clear instructions and 80 large color photos detailing how to complete your project.
Nov 9, 2017 by Diane Falck
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Etsy Studio keeps your payment information secure. Etsy Studio shops never receive your credit card information.