There are many uses for the Kentucky coffee tree seeds
1. The Kentucky coffee tree is easy to grow from seed. Filing the seed coat by hand with a small file, and then soaking the seeds in water for 24 hours will ensure rapid germination.
- Fast Grower - Easy to Grow - Zone 4 Hardy - Tolerant of Salt and Pollution -Adaptable to alkaline soils, and Drought -No Serious insect Disease problems - nice contender to replace Ash trees that are being decimates by the Emerald Ash Borer and Oaks afflicted by oak wilt.
The Kentucky Coffee Tree is a nice ornamental tree for parks, gardens and yards.
2. The seeds can be dried and used for Jewelry
3. Whole pods used in floral arrangements
4. The Native Americans use to roast the beans and use them as a coffee; Roasting the pods and seeds neutralizes the cytosine which is a toxin. So you should never try to consume a raw seed or pod. These would also be toxic to animals as well. It was also called "Frontier Brew" and not that great tasting, many have likened it to three-day-old truck stop brew!
This listing is for 6 bean pods they range in size from 4” – 7” long and about 1 ½” wide.
If you are looking for a larger quantity please contact me and I can do a custom order for you.
Check out the shop for more options www.itsnaturecreated.etsy.com