Block print hand-dyed batik fabric from Indonesia with palm fruit print. 2.2 yard. Traditional textiles for sewing project.
The fabric came from one of the famous batik making centers Java, Indonesia. It was made by using copper block stamp to create floral motif. The fabric was then hand-dyed.
The size is about 203cm x 103cm (80" x 40.5").
If you find some tiny black spots, don't be alarmed. Those are just the remaining of dried wax from the making process. Please don't expect perfection because this batik is completely handmade.
Tips on how to look after your batik: I recommend you wash the batik before you use it for your sewing project. The first time you wash your batik, hand-wash it separately in WARM water and MILD detergent. Using warm water will ensure that any traces of excess dye or wax are removed. Rinse until water runs clear. Hang up to dry avoiding direct sunlight. After this initial wash, you may use washing machine set on delicate or gentle cycle. However, hand-washing is highly recommended. When washing batik, do not rub and never use bleach or harsh detergents with bleaching or whitening agents.
**Please note that color may vary slightly due to monitor settings and photography lighting.
The item will be shipped in 1 - 2 business days after the payment is received.
SHIPPING I ship using Japan Post Airmail (SAL) which does not have a tracking number and takes about 7 - 14 days to arrive or sometimes more. I also offer an upgraded shipping by Japan Post EMS that costs more but it comes with a tracking number and it takes 5 - 7 days to arrive. Please choose an upgraded shipping if you'd like EMS.
If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a message.
The items are shipped in bubble mailer padded envelopes.
As per 1 February 2018 we offer 3 options of shipping by Japan Post.
1. SAL Japan Post or Standard Airmail. The cheapest, unregistered (no tracking number) and it usually takes about 7 - 14 working days depending on the destinations. However, please keep in mind that there is always possibility of longer time depending on the handing and custom in each country. Once we drop off your package at the post office, shipping issues are beyond our control. Therefore, unfortunately missing or damaged item during the shipping is not our responsibility. SAL usually costs from $3 to $10 depending on the size and weight.
2. Registered SAL Japan Post. This is the same service as no. 1 but with tracking number. You can choose registered SAL by adding an extra of $4. The estimated time of arrival is the same as SAL but you can trace your parcel. However, NOT ALL countries are covered by Registered SAL. Please read the note below. Tracking is available for these destinations only: Belgium, China, Croatia, Estonia, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and, currently in a trial period, Argentina, Egypt, United Kingdom (UK), and United States of America (USA).
These countries ARE able to receive Standard International Registered shipments: Algeria, Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czechoslovakia, Egypt, Estonia, France, Georgia, Gibraltar, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Kuril Islands, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Midway Islands, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Palau, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates (UAE), UK, USA, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Virgin Islands, and Wake Island.
Countries NOT able to receive Standard International Registered shipments are Australia, Balearic Islands, Ceuta, Chafarinas Islands, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greenland, Hungary, Jadu, Kosovo, Melilla, Moldova, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Paraguay, Poland, Saipan, and Serbia.
3. EMS Japan Post. It comes with a tracking number and it usually takes about 5 - 7 working days to arrive at the destinations. It costs from $20 and more depending on the size and weight.
Minimum order of $150 will be upgraded to EMS automatically.
Once we have received your payment, we will ship your purchase within 1 - 2 days. If you choose EMS (Priority), wewill notify you about the tracking number once we have shipped it. The shipping schedule might change occasionally such as In case of public holidays, we will ship your order within 3 - 4 days depending on the length of the holiday (Japan has different public holidays).
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: Please check if customs fees, duty and taxes are imposed by your country, when you receive imported goods. If yes, please keep in mind that you are responsible for the duty or taxes imposed on you by your country. I'm also not responsible for delays due to handling and customs within your own country.
We only accept payment through Paypal. However, if you don't have Paypal account, you can still pay by credit card through Paypal without having to sign up for a Paypal account. Here is how: https://blog.etsy.com/en/2007/how-to-pay-with-a-credit-card-and-create-a-paypal-account/
Returns & exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Custom or personalized orders
Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Items on sale
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Additional return information
1. Please request a cancellation within 24 hours if you want to cancel.
2. If you are not satisfied with the delivered item, please notify us upon receiving it and please return it within 14 days of delivery, and we will provide you a complete refund (minus shipping and handling) or exchange the item. Refund will be made after we have received the returned goods. The goods must be unused and undamaged when we receive it. In case of exchanging item, please choose the item(s) that has the same price as the previous one.
3. In case of returned goods due to unrecognized address, we will provide a refund (minus shipping cost) as long as the good(s) are returned in good condition
4. We can't accept returns for on sale items.
5. Buyers are responsible for return shipping and re-shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the customer is responsible for any loss in value.