Mini Cypress Set of 2 ~ Ellwood's Cypress ~ Chamaecyparis lawsoniana Elwoodii
INDOOR GROWING INFO:
- These conifers can be grown or overwintered indoors in a cool spot, like in a sun room with indirect sun. When inside, keep it away from any direct heat sources or hot rooms, like the kitchen.
- When your trees arrive, gradually introduce them to the warmer, indoor temperatures as it is coming from the cool winter temperatures in Seattle climate right now.
- Keep the soil barely damp during the winter with very moderate watering as the plant is dormant. Water the plant more often during the summer growing period.
OUTDOOR GROWING INFO:
- These Cypress are cold hardy to -20F or zone 5 and can be planted right away in containers, or in-ground if the ground is not frozen.
HOW TO ACCLIMATIZE YOUR TREE:
-For acclimatizing a tree from the warm to the cold, and vice versa: Over a 3 to 5 day period, introduce the tree to the new temperature slowly by placing it in the desired place for longer periods of time each day, gradually leaving it outside overnight. The garage, basement or porch is usually a good in-between spot for most situations.
- Indoor: bright, indirect light (add light with an indoor grow-bulb for regular lamps) - Indoor: cool temperatures, away from any heat sources
- Outdoor: Can be hardened off to Zone 5 (-20F) and good through - Zone 9 (30F) - Outdoor Heat Zones: 9 - 5 - Outdoor: Part sun/Part shade
- Let it try out to damp between watering, do not let the soil dry out - Fertilize after 2 years if planted in a container
- Growth rates average under 2" per year - Plants come in 3, 2" pots
We've had success growing this in a container without drainage holes (a dish garden.) You must be careful with the watering in this case, and let it dry out to barely damp in between watering, to avoid over-watering.
These sets are limited, **please print out this page for reference!**
Ships via Priority Mail.
Not a toy, Not meant for children.
We've been supplying the USA with miniature garden plants by mail since 2004. We are registered and inspected by the USDA to ship out of State. We safely ship all year. We have the best plant shipping method on the Internet and we can prove it.
Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center is in Seattle, Wa, where we have been promoting the miniature garden hobby professionally since 2001, online since 2004. We focus on what works for your living miniature and fairy gardens and offer solutions that last.
**We can only ship plant material to the lower 48 States and Alaska.**
I will combine the shipping between this etsy store and my www.TwoGreenThumbs.com Miniature Garden Center and refund the difference promptly. Just include a note with either order so I see it.
I use USPS unless previously requested. It is the most efficient AND inexpensive way to get your items to you. Items are shipped by first class mail or Priority Mail. if your ordering several items at once, I will put insurance and tracking on the box just to be sure. International orders will be dealt with as they come up - just get in touch and I can give you a quote. All items will leave my studio within 3 days of ordering. Please get in touch if you have any specific requests.
I can accept credit cards, Visa, M/C and American Express, through my office at 206-352-0494.
Returns & exchanges
All items leave my studio in perfect condition. However, I do appreciate that 'stuff happens' from time to time. If your package has arrived damaged, please get in touch and we can discuss further options for replacement or refund. Please don't take it personally that your item arrived damaged! (Contact: Janit - Email info@TwoGreenThumbs.com - 206-352-0494)
One of my medium on etsy is naturals - dried and preserved from Mother Nature's bounty. ALL ITEMS ARE BUG FREE AND HAVE BEEN DRIED OUT FOR SEVERAL MONTHS BEFORE USING. The are, however, miniature and fragile. Handle with care and they will last forever. To get a better understanding of who I am, please see my main website at www.TwoGreenThumbs.com