A hand enameled dragon effigy pendant vase or amulet. The dragon, or a version of the dragon is found in many cultures. Some folkways consider them auspicious and powerful, exhibiting a range of temperaments just as humans and many animals do. Other cultures view dragons as a crabby lot, prone to exhaling fire in the direction of unlucky persons and communities that annoy them.
This dragon was boring old beige when it came into my hands. Dragons, from what I hear, are flamboyant creatures with a flair for the dramatic,and anything but beige ( a sedate, well behaved neutral color). So, I got out my enamels and embellished it with several applications of leaf green hues with yellow and warm highlights, in layers. Then sealed it with clear acrylic gloss 2 x.
The pendant is made from high fired clay, unglazed inside. If used as a diminutive vase, set it on a little dish or stone to avoid the possibility of moisture damaging wood surfaces.
Ive attached a diminutive bouquet of silk leaves and ribbons, and will send the pendant this way. Add your own fine chain, cord, or length of silken sari ribbon for a necklace, and change out the vase contents as you please.
Yes, I combine shipping, let me know what items and Ill adjust it for you.
1. ***Of late I've been scolded by several viewers regarding high postal rates in my shop ( due to increases in USA and International shipping rates). I hear you! In response whenever feasible, items are now shipped First Class Mail, wrapped using all recycled materials, carefully packaged but sans extra luxury touches contributing weight and dimension to shipping fees and cost of the item itself. FRAGILE OR RARE ITEMS WILL ALWAYS BE SHIPPED PRIORITY MAIL FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES.***
2. YES! I ship internationally, email if your country isn't listed as a destination. Please note that International shipments can be mailed Priority International or First Class Mail ( takes a little longer but haven't lost one yet!) . Priority International has a tracking number, but not all countries scan packages. You may prefer regular First Class International mail, which is just as secure.
3. INSURANCE: This is YOUR responsibility and an option. I don't insure items unless requested or its noted on the listing. Convo me for an insurance estimate, and upon approval Ill adjust your shipping fee ti include it.
4. DAMAGED AND LOST GOODS: I wrap everything as if its being tossed from a 3rd story window, but there's no way of controlling what happens to shipments once they're launched into the postal system, especially internationally. Priority and Express mail allow us to track shipments so if something is lost or broken, I provide any tracking information, dates or address information needed.
5. If your shipment is damaged in transit I am not responsible but will work with you and the USPO in order to track down missing shipments or collecting insurance SEE ITEM 3 !!!!
Paypal and credit card for instant payment, or email for my address and pay by check. Once the balance is paid, I'll ship your purchase. If you need shipping insurance email BEFORE PAYING so I can adjust the amount on your invoice.
Returns & exchanges
Please take a moment and extend an opportunity for fixing problems before leaving feedback, because its impossible to resolve an issue if I don't know about it. Your satisfaction is important, so contact me asap so we can work together towards a resolution.
I want you happy with your purchases and gladly accept returns postmarked for return within 3 days upon receipt. The items should be returned in the original packing materials, in the same condition as when I sent them.
**I reserve the right to retain 10% of the purchase price ( if the item requires cleaning and staging, photographing and relisting)...this decision is made after the returned item is in my hands**
PLEASE: If the returned item smells of perfume, smoke, perspiration, is stained or broken, refund reflects my cost of having that item repaired or cleaned.
The cost of shipping returns are the responsibility of the customer.
If you return more than 3 necklaces, I reserve the right to discontinue selling to you, unless we've discussed the matter before hand and have an agreement. A few individuals purchase necklaces, wear them to an event ( or try to resell them at an event) then want to return them afterward.
- Until further notice, I'm not accepting custom or commission work. Summer is on the way and I'd like to enjoy it!
- I don't alter or repair the creations of other designers, sellers, nor repair broken vintage jewelry .
WHOLESALE : My pricing is determined by multiplying my material costs at the Etsy recommended %, and an hourly wage for designing , creating, listing, and packaging them. If you own a gallery or boutique and are interested in wholesale pricing ( for purchases of $1000.00 or more) please contact me.
DISCOUNT CODES: I price my creations fairly. Because I haven't the costs associated with brick & mortar stores, traveling the art & bead show circuit, or paying staff and assistants, some of my goods may be priced less than comparable items offered on Etsy.
NO LOW BALLING. I can't say it any clearer than that! ...if I don't respond to an offer, that's why.
TALK TO THE HAND: NO DEEP DISCOUNTS. NO LOW BALLING. I can't say it any clearer than that! My talent, ideas, work, time and materials are worth A FAIR WAGE. There's no underpaid assembly line churning out necklaces. Only me, designing and constructing them one at a time.
SALES AND SPECIAL OFFERS: In fairness to customers I rarely have sales, but I have added a "GOING GOING GONE" category. Maybe once a year I'll will put a few things up at a reduced price, before dismantling to use in new designs. Some years I don't even do this.
The reason for not having sales is that A. My pricing is already more than fair and B. My clients needn't worry that the item they purchased could have been purchased for less if they'd only have waited for the sale.
KEEPING IT SIMPLE: No lay aways No payment by installment No reserved items. My shop accepts Direct Checkout ( you pay using a credit card) and Paypal, so you can still pay by installment... to the credit card provider instead of me.