This is a crochet pattern for a newborn set of bear hat & booties. The size is only suitable for a newborn.
• This pattern is written in US crochet terms.
• You will need a 4mm (G) hook for the hat and a 3mm (C) hook for the booties. I use Clover Soft Touch hooks and I have a tight tension so please make sure to check the gauge before and if needed, go up or down a hook size to obtain it.
• Gauge for the hat: 10 dc stitches = 5 cm (1.97 inches) | 10 dc rows = 8 cm (3.15 inches). This would give you a hat diameter of 11.5 cm / 4.5 inches and a hat height of 14 cm / 5.5 inches.
• Gauge for the booties: 9 cm (3.54 inches) for the bootie sole from toe to heel.
• For the main color, less than 50 grams (1.75 oz) of any DK (Light worsted) or sport yarn is required. You can use brown or grey as main color but you can also choose any color as per your imagination. For paw pads, the nose and the eyes; black or dark brown yarn with the same yarn weight (thickness) as main color is required. For mouth and the pupil reflection, you will need white yarn with the same yarn weight (thickness) as main color.
• This pattern is written in rounds.
• You would not need beads, safety eyes, any other plastic material or felt for this project. It is all crocheted and pieces are attached with weaving.