Botanical Name: Cucurbita Pepo L Method of extraction: Cold Pressed Country of Origin: USA Ingredients: Pure Pumpkin Seed oil Color: Dark Green
Pumpkin seed, or pepita, oil has several health benefits. Supplementing with the oil can lower both cholesterol and blood pressure thanks to its phytoestrogens and phytosterols, for example. The oil also is a rich source of omega-6 fatty acids and vitamins E and K.
Uses and benefits:
1. Heart Health
Pumpkin seed oil is actually an unsaturated fat, meaning it’s the “good” kind of fat. Unsaturated fats like pumpkin seed oil can actually promote a healthy heart.
2. Skin and Hair Pumpkin seed oil has been linked to positive effects on hair growth, especially in men. One study found that men who took 400 milligrams of pumpkin seed oil every day for 24 weeks actually had 40 percent more hair growth than men in the placebo group. No adverse effects were found.
3. Mental Health Traditionally, pumpkin seed oil and pumpkin seeds in general have been said to boost mood and ward off depression.
4. Urinary Health In general, pumpkin seed oil seems to have a positive effect on the urinary tract. This tract is made up of the kidneys, the bladder, and the urethra, which connects the bladder to the urinary opening.
5. Menopause Pumpkin seed oil was found to help relieve some of the symptoms of menopause. This included a decrease in hot flashes, joint pain, and headaches. The women taking pumpkin seed oil also had an increase in their HDL levels, which is the “good” cholesterol.
6. Prostate Health Pumpkin seed oil, along with palmetto oil, has shown promising results as an alternative therapy for benign prostate hypertrophy (BPH).