"Peace Out" is an instant PDF download, printable chainmaille tutorial. Tools and materials are NOT included.
This is a straight forward, easy to follow chainmaille tutorial for either beginners or intermediate maillers who are already familiar with weaving Byzantine. The Peace Sign makes a fantastic key FOB, purse decoration or pendant.
--- Beginner level based on being able to work with aluminum rings & already capable of weaving Byzantine. --- Intermediate level based on being able to work with 18g steel rings & already capable of weaving Byzantine.
- This is NOT a physical item, nothing will be shipped to you. It is a printable PDF instant download.
- Once payment has been confirmed you will be able to download your new tutorial. If you have any issue with the download, or questions, please contact me through the "Contact Seller" option here on Etsy, or email me directly at ringbyring2011[at]live.com.
- Experience weaving Byzantine is necessary to complete this project.
- This tutorial includes a full materials list needed to create this design in both stainless steel and aluminum. This includes AR's for both steel and aluminum jump rings.
- Jump rings are all common sizes, easily found online.
- The welded O ring can be found at marine supply stores. The necessary dimensions are shared in the tutorial & individual rings are available to purchase in my Etsy shop here:
- Step by step instructions with large, colour photographs are included. The exception being how to weave a Byzantine link, which should already be familiar to the mailler.
- A quick reference graphic is included to assist with sizes & placement of rings. This makes it unnecessary to flip back through the written tutorial to double check the step you are working on for placement, ring count, size etc..
- Peace signs created from this tutorial may be used for personal use, given as gifts or sold in small quantities.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
PayPal, Etsy Gift Cards and most major credit cards are accepted.
Unclaimed / Unpaid Special Reserve (custom) listings will be re-listed for PUBLIC SALE after a period of 14 days unless alternate arrangements have been made between GMBC (Christy Brown) and the buyer.
Unclaimed / Unpaid Special Reserve (custom) listings that have been re-listed and sold to the public may be recreated for you upon a non refundable, non negotiable 50% deposit, at the shops discretion.
Custom and/or commissioned pieces may require a 50% non refundable, non negotiable 50% deposit, at the shops discretion.
Returns & exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Custom or personalized orders
Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
- PDF Digital Tutorials are not eligible for returns.
- Pierced Earrings are not eligible for returns.
- PURCHASE ERROR: If the item you have purchased includes custom options from drop down boxes (length, size, color etc) your item will be created using what is clearly shown on your receipt and my order form (they are identical). If you feel that the incorrect option was chosen after purchase please contact me ASAP to make an adjustment. ** If the item has already been shipped, all further shipping costs and adjustments are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
***** PLEASE check your emailed receipt immediately after purchase to confirm your custom details are correct. ****
Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like to discuss potential returns.
Approved returns/refunds include but are not limited to the following guidelines:
- If believe your piece has been lost in the mail and USPS tracking states that your item has been correctly delivered, your purchase is ineligible for a refund.
- Please contact me for any other issues or requests for a refund within 3 business days after the confirmed USPS delivery date of your purchase. (Monday through Friday excluding American holidays and weekend.)
- Please note that eligible refunds do not include shipping costs.
- Refunded items must be returned to me in their original condition and include all pieces and inner packaging. (IE: The exterior shipping envelope or box is excluded along with locks, keys, extenders etc.)
- Purchasing delivery confirmation from USPS on returning items is *strongly* recommended.
- Refunds will be issued as soon as I have received the item back in the item's original condition at time of sale.
COMMON SENSE WARNING: It's sad that some of things must be said, but they MUST be said! ______________________________________
1. CHOKING HAZARD. All items in my shop are for EXTERNAL use only. 2. Do not EAT, swallow or use for anything other than the items intended use. 3. Items may contain lead or nickle, unless otherwise stated in the item description. 4. Please do not allow small children to play with items purchased at my shop.
5. LOCKING Collars - The wearer should always have a key with them for safety reasons. My collars are always made with steel which means they are not going to come off without a key or wire/bolt cutters in an emergency situation. Please keep safety top-of-mind.
Product Information and Care ______________________________________
When using aluminum, I use high quality bright aluminum jump rings in my designs with a very low rub off rate. These are both lead and nickel free. Aluminum can sometimes have a slight "rub off". This is a grayish color that is sometimes left against the skin. This is NON TOXIC and will wash right off. In my own experience, this tends to happen most often with snug fitting pieces that have been exposed to moisturizing soap, lotions and moisturizers. (How much of a rub-off may depend on the acid content of your skin; several people who have reactions to copper also react to aluminum.) Please note the reaction, if any, is different for everyone and it is possible that you will not have any issues.
Caring for your aluminum pieces: Soak for a few minutes in mild NON MOISTURIZING soapy water. Rub between your palms to "scrub" gently. Rinse with warm water, dry with a clean soft cloth, air dry or use your hairdryer on a COOL setting.
Clean as you would any sterling silver item to restore it's natural, brilliant shine. Silver Plate is NOT lead or nickel free and may cause problems for sensitive skin types. Often it is plated copper wire, or other raw metal unless I specifically state otherwise in the item description.
My steel rings are American made stainless steel. This is a high quality jewelry grade that does not require polishing or cleaning for normal wear. If it does get dirty, just wash it in regular soap & water, rinse well. Stainless steel is self polishing. The more it's worn the shinier it will become over time.
EARRING WIRES are silver plated surgical steel. These are lead and nickel free and clean as you would sterling to restore their shine.
Custom Requests - Oh YES You Can! ________________________________________
Love it but need just a little tweak here & there? My listed items may be further customized upon request for an additional fee(s) depending on the work needed done. I thrive on excellent customer service with open communication so please do not hesitate to contact me with your requests!