A very hardy set of trees for your miniature garden, fairy garden, railroad garden or bonsai starter plants. All the trees in this set are hardy to -30F and can handle full sun conditions too. ALSO - they all have wee trunks on them already - which makes them look like real trees in miniature. Awesome.
Oh - and the Blue Planet Miniature Spruce is one of the smallest spruces in the world. The other two trees, the Juniper and the Cypress are prized by bonsai artists because they are tough and tiny. I told you they were AWESOME!
- All are outdoor trees. - Hardy! They are all hardy to -30F!
About this group of trees: - All are OUTDOOR PLANTS - All will do well in full sun or cool sun or part sun
- Different textures and colors create an instant garden design
- Great for containers or for planting in-ground - Need less water once they are established in the ground
- Regular water, do not let soil dry out completely - Well rooted and ready to plant
- They will be fine in the pots until spring, as long as they are kept watered - Water them in freezing temperatures - it's much better for the roots to be frozen than freeze-dried
- Come in 4" pots - Ships via USPS Priority Mail
- Can only ship to the lower 48 or Alaska - We are registered and regularly inspected by the USDA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Plant details, from left to right: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~>>> BLUE PLANET MINIATURE SPRUCE - Picea glauca ‘Blue Planet’
This new wee conifer is a must in the miniature gardener. A very fun, true miniature Spruce that the grower claims as having “the tiniest needles that we know of on the planet!”
- Cute as a button with tiny short blue needles - Prefers sun or part sun - Damp soil, well drained, do not let soil dry out completely - When planted in a pot, shelter it from hot, afternoon sun in the summertime
- Growth rate: less than 1” per year - Cold zones 4 - 6 - Hardy to -30F - Heat zones 6 - 2
- Comes in a 4" pot - An outdoor plant
~>>> SHIMPAKU CHINESE JUNIPER - Juniperus chinensis 'Shimpaku'
Prized by Bonsai artists for its peeling bark and perfect for the miniature garden. "Shimps" are great plants to learn the art of Bonsai on because of the great trunk on the small plants - they already look like they've been grown as bonsai!
Hardy, hardy, hardy! It loves full sun and will be drought tolerant when established in the garden bed.
- Spreading, upright in shape - 3" to 6" per year
- Cold hardy zones 3-9 or t -30F - Heat hardy zones 9-1
- Full sun - Let soil dry out to barely damp in between watering sessions to avoid over-watering
- An outdoor plant - some bonsai artists have been able to grow this tree successfully indoors - Pot is 4" in diameter
A finely textured, soft green bun that is a must for any miniature gardener. The Tsukumo is prized by bonsai artists so we know it will be a great miniature garden plant. The Sawara Cypress can tolerate hotter and drier conditions than the Hinoki Cypress - but never let the soil dry out completely.
- Rich greens - Cute globe shape - Hardier at Zone 4 or -30F - Growth rate is 1" - 3" per year
- Zones 4-8, Cold Hardy to -30F - Heat Zones: 8-1
- Full or part sun - Regular water
- An outdoor plant - Pot shown is 4 inches in diameter
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout. We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at info [!at] twogreenthumbs.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
Ships via Priority Mail.
Not a toy, not meant for children.
We've been supplying the USA with miniature garden plants by mail since 2004. We are registered and inspected by the USDA to ship out of State. We safely ship all year.
Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center is in Seattle, Wa, where we have been promoting the miniature garden hobby professionally since 2001, online since 2004. We focus on what works for your living miniature and fairy gardens and offer solutions that last.
**We can only ship plant material to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are registered to ship plant material out of state by the USDA.**
I will combine the shipping between this etsy store and my www.TwoGreenThumbs.com Miniature Garden Center and refund the difference promptly. Just include a note with either order so I see it.
I use USPS unless previously requested. It is the most efficient AND inexpensive way to get your items to you. Items are shipped by first class mail or Priority Mail. if your ordering several items at once, I will put insurance and tracking on the box just to be sure. International orders will be dealt with as they come up - just get in touch and I can give you a quote. All items will leave my studio within 3 days of ordering. Please get in touch if you have any specific requests.
I can accept credit cards, Visa, M/C and American Express, through my office at 206-352-0494.
Returns & exchanges
All items leave my studio in perfect condition. However, I do appreciate that 'stuff happens' from time to time. If your package has arrived damaged, please get in touch and we can discuss further options for replacement or refund. Please don't take it personally that your item arrived damaged! (Contact: Janit - Email info@TwoGreenThumbs.com - 206-352-0494)
One of my medium on etsy is naturals - dried and preserved from Mother Nature's bounty. ALL ITEMS ARE BUG FREE AND HAVE BEEN DRIED OUT FOR SEVERAL MONTHS BEFORE USING. The are, however, miniature and fragile. Handle with care and they will last forever. To get a better understanding of who I am, please see my main website at www.TwoGreenThumbs.com