Vintage Art Deco c. 1931 Birmingham Solid Sterling Silver & Guilloche Enamel Dresser Manicure Set with Swivel Mirror. Set of 5 manicure or nail tools on a stand that has a swiveling oval shaped bevel edged mirror in the center with a pair of steel nail scissors on the back and the stand also has a nail buffer with its holder on the front. *** Please email for more photos. All shipping costs include insurance *** REDUCED BY $400.00
The four nail tools hang on either side of the mirror and they are made from steel fittings with solid silver and blue guilloche enamel decorated handles, for example the tweezers measure approximately 4 3/4 inches or 120 mm in length by just under 5/8 of an inch or 15 mm across the widest part of the handle. The nail tools have Not been engraved with a previous owners initials or family monogram and they have been impressed with the Birmingham makers mark of Crisford & Norris along with the Birmingham anchor and the English solid sterling silver lion passant, they also have the Birmingham assay office date letter K for 1934.
The Nail Buff is also made from solid silver with a blue guilloche enamel decorated top and it was also made by Crisford & Norris dated 1931, the nail buff still has its original leather pad and it measures approximately 4 7/8 inches or 124 mm in length by 3/4 of an inch or 19 mm wide and it is 1 3/4 inches or 45 mm tall from the top of the handle to the base.
The stand has an ebonized base that measures approximately 6 7/8 inches or 174 mm in length by 3 inches or 76 mm wide and it stands 5 3/4 inches or 146 mm tall to the top of the mirror, it has a solid silver nail buff holder on the front with a solid silver stand that has a central solid silver framed mirror with the nail tool hangers on either side, the buff holder and stand have Not been engraved with a previous owners initials or family monogram and they have been impressed with the Birmingham makers marks of Henry Matthews next to the Birmingham assay office anchor and the English solid sterling silver Lion Passant, it also has the Birmingham assay office date letter G for 1930.
The condition is near Mint for its age.
The Enamel decoration is in Mint Condition on all five pieces with No Chips and No Cracks that I can find, the silver has No Dents, No Splits, No Holes and No Cracks that I can find, the whole manicure set stands straight, the decoration is all crisp, the nail tools are all working perfectly although as the set is a used antique there is a small blemish in the enamel on the top of the buff that is not a chip as it looks like a manufacturing fault and this is in my opinion hardly worth mentioning as it is not noticeable unless you are specifically looking for it, the set has some minor surface wear from use along with the patina of age that is to be expected and a gentle clean would not go amiss. Personally I think that this wonderful Art Deco table top manicure set can still be used today and that it is one of the finest examples that I have ever owned of its kind, I also think that the overall quality is outstanding and that the overall condition is absolutely amazing considering that its over 75 years old.
This Wonderful Quality Art Deco Solid Silver & Blue Guilloche Enamel Decorated Dressing Table Top Manicure Set from Birmingham circa 1930's
I take the utmost care in packaging these precious antiques that are in my care. My goal is to get them to you safely so you get decades of pleasure and enjoyment form them.
- Insurance and tracking is included in the shipping price for Canadian and U.S. orders. Unless you contact me about shipping, items will be dispatched via Expedited Post through the Postal Service. For higher priced items I only ship via courier and a signature card is required.
- I try to ship as quickly as possible and if there is a delay I will absolutely contact you. Large and complex shipping items will take longer but I will keep you abreast of progress. A tracking number will be provided. In some instances a signature card may be required.
- IF your purchase is of a priority nature, please convo me to sort out the details of shipping.
- We also work with pack and freight carriers on larger items, and will help you find the lowest and safest freight carriers to deliver your item. On items sent by freight, close communication is essential and we will work very closely with you to assure a shipment goes as planned.
- In the event that something does happen to your item, please do not ship it back. You must keep all the packing material and report the damage to the carrier. NO claim can be made without the original packaging. There is nothing I can do from my end but I will help you with the process to offer your guidance and provide you with information and websites.
- On internationally shipped items, we do not guarantee items against loss, damage or items held up in customs. Once an item leaves our possession, the merchandise is completely out of our control. Buyer takes full responsibility for the risk of damage, loss or customs issues and any duties due in your country.
IMPORTANT: Buyers are responsible for all duties, taxes, levies or fees incurred at point of entry to the buyer's country.
We accept payment by:
. Etsy Direct check-out which includes credit, credit / debit cards . Canadians can use e-Transfer.
Returns & exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Additional return information
- By their nature, vintage and antique items have history, they've been loved which means that there is going to be some signs of usage. I believe in everything that I offer and pride myself in buying only the best of the best. While some items may have signs of usage and age, I describe that with equal care as the virtues, Most of my items have been in my private collection for decades and can be considered fresh to the market. Many are extremely rare and were purchased due to their uniqueness and rarity.
- Photographs are part of the item description and I encourage you to use the zoom feature which affords you the opportunity to inspect the item that you're interested in.
- I DO NOT accept returns, cancellations or exchanges. As an antique and vintage dealer, there are many reasons for this and if you'd like an explanation, please feel free to reach out via email or phone.
*** Please ask all your questions before purchase and use the zoom feature.