For Your attention I offer biological peat moss substrate, perlite 50:50 mix, ideal for seed starting in pots. Substrate contains 70% milled peat and 30% block peat, Ph level is 5.1 till 5.9, balanced and enriched with NPK fertilizers and wetting agents. Together it makes ideal soil for seed starting and can be used for individual gardeners or professional growers.
What is peat moss
Sphagnum peat moss is a natural, ecological soil conditioner, that regulates air and moisture around plant roots in order to improve growing conditions. Peat moss usually is compared to a sponge, because of its unique cellular structure that consists of large cavities that can easily absorb water and air. The total area of organic soil in Latvia reaches 6400 km ², almost 10% of the country and it would be around 11.3 billion m³, or 1.7 billion tons of resources (dry weight). The climatic and geologic conditions in the Baltic States are favourable for the processes of peat creation, thus procuring the region with vast resources of high quality peat.
Benefits of peat moss
· Saving water– Peat moss can retain to 20 times its weight of water
· Improving clay soil– Peat moss loosens and ventilates this type of soil
· Binding sandy soil– Peat moss helps to create structure for sandy soil and preserve moisture and nutrients
· Protecting soil- Peat moss protects soil from hardening and adds ogranic material to it
· Improving compost quality– Peat moss speeds the composting process, controls water and air in the compost and reduces odors
· Reducing leaching– Peat moss releases nutrients slowly over time, therefore reducing amounts of fertilizer use