There's the day to day correspondence a solicitor in the 1920s would let pile up on his desk, and then there's everything else he'd need to keep abreast of. This is that everything else.
These bundles contain some of the leaflets informing of changes to the Poor Laws, the Workmen's Compensation Act or the details of the new Landlords & Tenants Act. Then there are banking forms and insurance claims that need filling out and signing, stocks and shares to look into and, embarrassingly, the occasional overdue phone bill ...
This listing is for **a BUNDLE of 12 ITEMS ** all of which were original correspondence to the office of Messrs Seaton Grey, White & Co., a firm of solicitors in 1920s Whitby, North Yorkshire.
EACH BUNDLE CONTAINS: * a mix of 12 leaflets, flyers, forms etc * topics covered may include the law, banking and insurance. * CONTENTS WILL (naturally) VARY between bundles, but each will be a nice mix of all the styles available.
These are a *very rare* glimpse into the intimate details of the day to day mail delivered to a law office in the 1920s! There are a VERY LIMITED number of packs available and they will not be restocked once they sell out ... I don't have a time machine to travel back to collect more!
IDEAS FOR USING YOUR SEATON GREY, WHITE & CO PAGES: * as a collection, to look at, swoon over, stroke * as a background for printing (I think these would make *amazing* backing papers for Gelli Plate prints!) * as collage materials * in a handmade book * in a scrapbook / greeting card for a solicitor / lawyer * as a starting point for some internet digging around in the history of any of the people / companies mentioned in the letters
For more images of this collection visit #thewhitbypapers hashtag on Instagram.
And do feel free to share your own images with that tag, once you've had your own Whitby papers delivered. I do hope you've got a silver letter opener on hand for when they arrive ...
- All items are carefully wrapped and packaged as soon as possible after you've made an order.
- I will usually post UK orders by First Class post. However, if your order results in a heavy/bulky parcel which costs more to post than you were charged then I may need to send by Second Class.
- When ordering more than one item: If the price you are charged for 'Combined Shipping' turns out to be notably more expensive than the ACTUAL cost of postage [plus packaging materials] I will endeavour to refund the difference.
- Please note that I am mailing from the UK and deliveries overseas will take longer to reach you.
- Buyers will be responsible for any customs fees occured.
- All items are made, stored and packed in a smoke & pet-free environment. [In fact, they all live on a shelf above my work desk until you decide you want them to come and live with you instead].
- If you have any additional shipping requests please Convo me.
Please pay via Paypal within 48 hours.
Orders will be cancelled after 48 hours if payment hasn't been recieved without personal contact from the buyer.
Returns & exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation: before item has shipped
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Custom or personalized orders
Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Additional return information
EU regulations state that you have 14 days to cancel your order starting the moment you receive a product. Etsy have created a model withdrawal form (in other words, a cancellation form) that you can — but are not obliged to — use if you change your mind and wish to return a product. You can find that form here: https://www.etsy.com/help/article/5452
Any postal costs incurred during the returns process will be the customer's responsibility.
Please contact me within 7 days of receiving your order if you wish to discuss a refund. Julie Kirk julie.kirk1 [!at] ntlworld.com
If you'd like to see, hear or read more about the person behind the product then come and peer at me here: https://www.instagram.com/withjuliekirk/ https://www.facebook.com/withjuliekirk/