NEW: Digital pattern now comes with two more options: rounded bottom and preemie version.
Before I say anything else, the best part about this pattern is that it is designed to only take 1 hour (maybe 2 the first time you make it). It is EASY and designed with the beginner in mind.
When our twin girls were born early, the nurses in the NICU taught me the art of swaddling and all of the advantages to doing it. All of my babies have loved to be swaddled...but I would get frustrated with the blankets either being too bulky or too easy to escape ;). When I was a baby, my mom put me in an Indian cradle board (she actually used this for all six of her children). It is a leather and wood contraption that she could tighten in the front. She said that we were always very content when she put us in this. So with the idea of being able to tie the front, coupled with my love for designer fabrics, the Pod Swaddler was born!
The Benefits of the Pod Swaddler:
* The Pod has been designed to make it easy for you to swaddle your baby.
* One size fits all. You can adjust it depending on the size of your babe
* Stays secure and keeps arms in.
* The Pod won’t hinder development of hips and knees. As baby grows, his/her legs extend beyond the tight portion of the wrap for free movement and joint development.
* Very Simple Design. No confusing folding or latching.
* You can also tie the Pod around your baby allowing arms to be free. This is a great alternative to a blanket as baby can't kick off the covers and stays safe
* Helps your baby sleep comfortably on his/her back.
* Easy to use - even in the dark!
* Won't unravel and keeps even the most restless sleepers warm and secure.
* Easy to wash and use over and over again.
* No Velcro to catch on everything in the dryer, no buttons or snaps - just an easy tie and you are done.
* Fun, unique pattern that allows you to swaddle your baby in any designer fabric of your choice!
This listing is for the PATTERN/TUTORIAL only.
This pattern is available in a PDF file format. The PDF pattern will be available for instant download upon cleared payment. Pattern includes my personal full scale digitally drawn pattern pieces, along with complete instructions with plenty of pictures to help you along, helpful hints, printable full-color picture "how-to" instructions and a list of materials.
PLEASE NOTE: The tutorial shows the old pattern. The new version is very simple to put together. Just cut around the margins that will appear on your printed pages and match up the letters like a puzzle. Easy Peasy!
If you are interested in making Pod's to sell, I ask that you purchase a license agreement found in my shop. Otherwise, at this time the Pod pattern and Pods made from it are for personal use only. Thanks!
Because of the nature of this product, there are NO RETURNS.
Thanks so much I am looking forward to making this PodSwadler
Jan 1, 2018 by Anne Pyke
Aug 8, 2015 by Dancy Foster
What a wonderful experience! Fast service and what an awesome, easy to follow pattern!!!
Jul 17, 2014 by Sheri Harrison
Cute and easy to make.
Jun 19, 2014 by tomandkeely
Excellent Tutorial. Made several after printing the pattern. Great directions and photos. Thanks so much!
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Please pay promptly after checking out. If you can not pay right away please send me a message and let me know.
Returns & exchanges
Returns: Due to the nature of the product I do not offer returns.
All of my listings are for PDF PATTERN/TUTORIAL's only.
Your PDF pattern instant download after your cleared payment. Pattern includes my personal full scale handmade pattern pieces, along with complete instructions with plenty of pictures to help you along, helpful hints and a list of materials.
The Pod Design may be used by independent crafters to create items in their own homes, to make for themselves or as gifts. If you are interested in making Pod's to sell, I ask that you purchase a license agreement found in my shop. Otherwise, at this time the Pod pattern and Pods made from it are for personal use only. Thanks!
All other patterns in the shop can be used to make and sell as you wish. Credit for the pattern and a link back to my shop would be appreciated! http://laurelandmaisy.etsy.com
All rights reserved. Please respect my rights and hard work. Thanks.