This is a digital file
The Sunshine Dress pattern by Sew Me a Garden is a 21 page PDF document that includes detailed instructions, pictures, and pattern pieces. The instructions will guide you through making a little girl's long or short sleeved Sunshine Dress in sizes 2-8. The pattern pieces print on regular 8.5" x 11" printer paper and are marked for very easy assembly (just tape together to make the full pattern pieces). Sunshine Dresses are fun and easy to make, the pattern is suitable for both beginner and experienced seamstresses. There are many tips and variations included in the pattern.
After your payment successfully processes, you will receive an automatic email notification from Etsy letting you know the Sunshine Dress pattern PDF is ready on your Downloads page.
Supplies needed to complete a Sunshine Dress:
* Printer and paper to print pattern
* 1-2 yards fabric that has some stretch, yardage needed depends on dress size/fabric print orientation/fabric width
* Sewing scissor and/or rotary cutter
* Coordinating thread
* Ballpoint sewing needles
* A walking foot for your sewing machine is recommended but not required. (The Sunshine Dress can be sewn entirely with a sewing machine. A serger and/or coverstitch machine can be used for seams and hems if desired.)
* 1/8 yard coordinating rib knit fabric or cotton/lycra fabric for neckline and/or sleeve cuffs
* 1 yard FOE (fold over elastic), either 5/8” or 1” width
* Pins or clothes pins to hold dress pieces together while sewing
* Size tag
(Whatever fabric you choose should have at least a little stretch to it.)
* Velour (cotton velour, polyester velour, cotton/polyester velour, bamboo velour)
* Cotton knits (including cotton/lycra knits)
* Cotton fleece (medium or thin cotton sweatshirt fleece, it should have a little stretch)
* Polyester fleece (stretchy polar fleece, microfleece, microchamois)
* Non-stretchy fabrics such as cotton woven, flannel, etc can be used, but a slit in the back of the neckline with a button closure may be needed)
Upcycled / recycled fabrics work GREAT with this pattern!
Use the Sunshine Dress pattern to make a cute and sun-protecting swimsuit! Use swimsuit material or polyester/lycra/spandex. Add some ruffles! A big thank you to Bekah for letting me use her adorable photo of the ruffled swim dress she made for her daughter using the Sunshine Dress pattern!
Dresses made using this pattern can be sold in your own shop. Please credit Sew Me a Garden in your item description, such as "This dress was made using the Sunshine Dress pattern from SewMeAGarden.com."
Please note: Due to the nature of PDF patterns, the Sunshine Dress pattern may not be returned or exchanged. All sales are final. The Sunshine Dress PDF pattern file may not be shared or posted on any website, forum, or email list, in it's original or modified form. This pattern may not be shared for group use or classroom teaching. If you are interested in a group purchase of multiple copies of the pattern, please convo me for a possible discount.
You might also like
More from this seller
Returns & exchanges
I lovingly make each item I sell just as if I were making it for my own children. I truly hope you enjoy everything that you purchase from me. However, if you are not satisfied with your purchase, please email me within 14 days after you've received your package. Once I receive the returned item back in it's original unused/unworn condition, I'll promptly refund your purchase price, minus shipping.
Warranty: I offer a 60-day guarantee from defects. I will do my best to fix any issues or exchange it for a new item if needed. For repairs and exchanges during the 60-day period, I will reimburse your shipping costs.
Pattern Sales: Due to the nature of digital patterns, they may not be returned or exchanged. All pattern sales are final.