My favorite kinds of sewing patterns are those to make cute accessories that are quick and easy to make, and that is just what you get with this sewing pattern in PDF format. Detailed instructions and full color photographs that allow you to whip up cute pouches just the way you want them -- with a ruffle or without, and with a strap or without. These pouches are made using all straight lines ... if you can sew straight lines, you can make these pouches. Once you make one or two of these pouches and get the process down, you can easily whip up more than one in an afternoon.
All of my patterns are written with great detail, and include loads of full color photographs, so that even a beginner can follow them. I would categorize this pattern as being suitable for the advanced beginner -- someone with some sewing experience sewing straight seams.
What makes these pouches unique? These pouches not only have flat bottoms, but straight sides as well. No more pouches that are wider on top, and narrower on the bottom ... these pouches are straight all the way down the side, and easily stand up on their own. Additionally, you have 3 sizes to choose from: wristlet, clutch, and makeup bag sizes ... all are perfect for helping to keep stay organized at home, on the go, or when traveling. You also get to choose from 3 unique ruffle styles that can be used on any size pouch: the flirty ruffle, the double shabby ruffle, and the pleated patchwork ruffle. And you do not have to make a ruffle at all, because the straight sides of this pouch are ideal for highlighting a bold print.
Zipper installation made easy! Never installed a zipper before? No problem, I walk you through the process from beginning to end ... from shortening the zipper, to covering the ends, and to installing it. You will also learn how to sew around your zippers in such a way, that when turned out the ends look nice and clean.
Want more? Okay, I got you covered ... also included is a strap option, that you can use to make a strap for anything with a zipper.
Save on paper and ink! Once you get the pattern head straight for page 3, because a list can be found there showing you what option is on what page ... want to make a small size pouch, without the strap, with a pleated patchwork ruffle only? Okay ... just print out those pages!
Full size pattern pieces are included for the pouch body.
* Small Size (8.25" x 4" x 1.25"): Is perfect to use as a small clutch or wristlet thanks to the detachable strap option. This size holds a small wallet, an iphone, and lip gloss with room to spare. * Medium Size (8.5" x 5.5" x 1.75": Is cute to use as a clutch, or to organize a larger bag. * Large Size (8.5" x 7" x 2.5"): Perfect as a cosmetic bag, or craft project bag.
* Double Shabby Chic Ruffle: a duo of casually elegant ruffles with zigzagged edges * Flirty ruffle: a sweet ruffle that is wider than the shabby chic ruffle, with finished edges. * Pleated Patchwork Ruffle: A ruffle that has the look of finger pleats, that is made out of a piece of patchwork. This ruffle was designed so that charm squares can be used to create it, for a true patchy feel. * Or don't use a ruffle at all! The straight sides and flat bottom are perfect for highlighting a bold print! * NO special foot is needed to make these ruffles! They are made using a regular sewing machine foot.
* The purchaser of this pattern may sell handmade pouches online (including Etsy) and in person, in any quantity (although contracting with others to mass produce is prohibited) * This pattern comes with a cutting list, as well as full size pattern pieces for the pouch body. Measurements only are provided for the strap option, ruffles, and zipper ends as these are simple rectangular shapes. * This pattern has been written in US measurements (e.g. inches and yards)
You will receive an email with a link to download your .pdf file immediately after your payment has cleared ... no waiting!
* Quilting weight cotton fabrics * woven fusible interfacing * interlining fabric or sew-in interfacing * 9" or longer zipper * Basic Sewing & cutting supplies, Iron * A split ring and swivel clasps for the strap option * Regular Sewing Machine Foot, and a Zipper Foot
Thank-you for looking!
* This listing is for a sewing tutorial/pattern in PDF format that will be sent to your email. This listing is not for a finished item, and there is no physical mailing of documents*
No reviews yet
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Immediate payment via paypal is appreciated for all .pdf format patterns. MI residents -- paypal will automatically charge 6% sales tax during the checkout process.