This is a digital file
You asked for it - now here he is. A boy doll! Meet Karl. Karl with a K. He's a cuddly, huggable doll - who's tough as nails when he slips on his cape and mask. My daughter pointed out that you could use the same pattern to make a companion Bad Guy - she suggested dressing him and black and white stripes, giving him a frown instead of a smile, adding stubble to his chin, and giving him a black mask and no cape. Brilliant!
He's 16 inches tall from head to toe, and 8 inches across the widest part of his hips.
Here are the nitty-gritty details. . .
What you get:
* Complete pattern for the doll and removable cape and mask.
* Step-by-step photos and very thorough instructions. Probably too thorough for an experienced sewer, but I like to err on the side of giving more help, rather than less.
* Full-sized pattern pieces
Materials you need:
* fabric for the skin, body/shirt, cape, and shoes
* felt for the hair and mask (I prefer wool felt)
* fold-over-elastic for the mask and cape
* embroidery thread for the face
* sewing machine, thread, basic sewing tools
Skills you'll need: (pattern has links to free video tutorials)
* sewing straight lines and turning corners
* sewing and clipping curves
* how to turn a hem
* how to turn a tube of fabric right side out
* how to embed things in seams
* how to stuff a softie
* how to sew up a softie - whipstitch or ladder stitch
* how to transfer an embroidery pattern
* eye stitch and split stitch or backstitch to embroider the face
* edgestitching and topstitching
* using the iron
Time you'll need:
* a full day
A word about difficulty level. This pattern is more about patience than skill. If you just bought your first sewing machine and have never used it before - this isn't the pattern for you. Start with some simple straight line sewing and get a feel for your machine before you tackle this. If you feel comfortable with your machine, if you're able to smoothly control the speed and you've shed the fear of sewing over your own fingers - then you can sew this pattern. There are parts where you'll need to sew slowly - and I tell you in the pattern just where those tricky parts are and what to look out for to be successful. All the skills needed are in the video list.
You'll receive a link to download your pattern as soon as your payments is received. Delivery at the speed of light!
Do you need a girl doll too? Take a look at this pattern. http://www.etsystudio.com/listing/78293490/rag-doll-pattern-pdf