This is a digital file
This listing is for a knitting PATTERN; NOT for a finished item. With this PDF you will be able to create the item shown in the photos.
Make a drivers cap (scally cap) for yourself, your baby, or as a present. Pattern features a brim with snap closure detail. Makes a great baby shower gift or photography prop.
Pattern is advanced beginner level. The knitter must be able to knit in the round, pick up stitches, increase (k1fb is used), decrease, and sew read patterns for multiple sizes. Written in standard American English knitting terms. The pattern is color coordinated for sizes (for example, all newborn information is in red, toddler information is in green, etc) to assist the knitter in pattern creation.
Toddler (1-3 years)
Child (4-10 years)
Preteen/Adult (11+ years)
- 1 ball aran weight yarn. Examples shown are I Love This Yarn (sold at Hobby Lobby) in Ivory Tweed (250 yard/skein)
- 4 5.0mm DPNs (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 1 16" 5.0mm circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge) for sizes Toddler (Child, Preteen/Women’s, Men’s)
- Tapestry Needle to sew in yarn ends
- Sewing needle to sew on sew-on snap
- Sewing thread that matches the color of sew-on snaps
- Sew-on snaps (available in the notion’s section of a craft store)
- Plastic Canvas size 10 (available near the embroidery section of a craft store), optional as the canvas is recommended more for the larger sizes
- 3 stitch markers
- dark colored pen
This is an instant download. What this means is that after you have paid, you will be sent an email (to your registered Etsy email address) within a few minutes after paying. The email will have the download link in it and you will be able to download the pattern. If for some reason the link is not working for you please contact me via Etsy's conversation tool and I will fix the problem.
Unfortunately, I can not offer returns on patterns due to their nature. If you have any problems or questions about the pattern please contact me (again, through etsy's conversation's tool) and I will be glad to help you however I can.
Copyright 2011. Please do not distribute pattern, copy or rewrite pattern, or resell pattern. You may sell the FINISHED ITEM that this pattern creates but if you sell on etsy then please credit me with a link to my etsy shop. I just ask that you make the items from your home and that they are not mass produced (ie: no factory or corporate production). Please do not use my photographs as they are copyright to the photographer.
Photos provided by Jon Clay Photo of Grand Rapids, MI.