This is a digital file
A hobby horse is a classic children’s toy that is just as fun today as it was generations ago. When children ride a hobby horse their imagination is sparked and they are instantly transported to the Wild West or a medieval kingdom!
Magical Molly and Bronco Ben are fun and easy to make. I show you how to make two different horses from the same pattern, then you can get creative embellishing your horses with pretty reins, a painted stick, and even a unicorn horn!
A hobby horse is an ideal handmade gift for that special child in your life!
This listing is for a PDF sewing pattern that will be emailed to you within 24 hours of purchase. I will email the pattern to your PayPal email address unless you note otherwise.
Like all of my patterns, this sewing pattern includes step-by-step photos, clear written instructions, and full-sized templates. You'll be able to make these special hobby horses with ease!
A finished hobby horse is 36 inches from the tip of the dowel to the top of the head and 13 inches wide.
This sewing pattern is best suited for advanced beginners who already know how to sew a straight stitch on their sewing machines, how to baste, and how to do some simple hand stitching. If you've made a softie or two before, you're ready for this pattern! All of the materials you'll need are easy to find and are inexpensive.
The Magical Molly and Bronco Ben Hobby Horse pattern is an original sewing pattern by Abby Glassenberg. Copyright 2012. All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my permission.
You can sell items made from this pattern as long as you follow these regulations:
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual who purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.