A little bit about AlorasAdorables ~
❁ I have a heart full of gratitude for all the wonderful customers who have contributed to AlorasAdorables' success on Etsy! Serving so many beautifully talented artisans has been fun and getting to know what shoppers of vintage want in textiles has helped Aloras' evolve daily.
❁ I am a collector, supplier, quilter and enthusiast of vintage chenille and other vintage textiles, but I do not claim to be an expert. All information I provide in my shop I've learned from trusted sources. I am always open to learning if you have something to share and if I've made an error, please let me know.
❁ I do most of the daily running of AlorasAdorables myself ~ resourcing, designing and sewing. I list, stock and supply high quality vintage chenille and other fabrics for quilters, sewers, and crafters.
❁ I especially enjoy working with vintage cotton chenille ~ it inspires memories of my mother and a gentler time in history. Chenille represents "home" ~ it invites cozy comfort, total relaxation, is adaptable to all decor and offers a romantic touch of "lived in" shabby cottage chic.
❁ I love to talk, teach and write and occasionally my listings contain whimsical, heartfelt, "flowery" descriptions that express my passion for chenille but I believe to those of us who love it, vintage chenille sells itself.
❁ I love projects that bring someone comfort ~ quilts for toddler beds, decorating baby's nursery, comforting the wheelchair bound and elderly, gift-giving or a pretty coverlet to toss over the arm of a favorite reading chair.
❁ Family and artistic expression is essential to nurturing my soul. Among the joys I embrace in life are music, sewing, quilting, crafting, painting, landscaping and gardening and enjoying the beauty of nature.
❁ I never, ever get bored with sewing! When a project gets a little tedious I find yet another fabric that inspires me to finish the project I'm on so I can create something new ~ hence the saying… "so many fabrics, so little time"!
❁ Attention to little details is a hallmark of my creations. I believe my customers want handmade quilts of vintage chenille that are unique and I endeavor not to duplicate designs. Quality fabrics and skill in craftsmanship are paramount to me and ensure heirloom durability so I search for and sew with the finest fabrics I can find.
❁ As an adult I've lived in and traveled several countries and the artful impressions I carry from those cultural experiences are often interwoven into my perspective of design.
❁ Whether walking through a forest, hiking a mountain or strolling a sandy shore, I deeply love nature and depend on it to inspire me to interpret the world around me..
❁ I've spent much of the last seven years battling cancer and it has changed me. I was a typical type A personality, more rock than roll. Cancer has taught me how to go with the flow and just let life happen.
❁ <*)))>< My faith is primary in my life and my goal is to honor my Christian principles to the best of my ability. Though I love vintage treasures, the first love in my life is Jesus Christ ~ I am grateful for his effect on my life and thankful for the blessings of his grace, love and forgiveness of my many imperfections. Redemption through him is my greatest treasure and to know I can be a vessel for love is a gift I could never have earned. I am eternally indebted ~ I give Jesus all the glory.
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. BE KIND AND KEEP A GRATEFUL HEART
I am a joyful sewer, collector and enthusiast of vintage textiles. I also resource vintage fabrics for resale and re-purposing to crafters, quilters and seamstresses. You'll find my own creations for sale alongside fabrics for others to create with.
♥♥♥♥♥A WARM WELCOME HOME TO OUR TROOPS♥♥♥♥♥
★★★★★THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE★★★★★
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you find shopping and browsing AlorasAdorables a pleasure!
All vintage fabrics in AlorasAdorables are gently used unless posted "new old stock". Part of the charm of repurposed vintage is each piece has a history and gently used fabrics may reflect minor signs of age and wear. I strive to disclose the true condition of the fabrics so I won't disappoint you. If I miss the mark, please write and tell me about it and I will do what I can to make it right.
My policies are lengthy because I've tried to anticipate any questions that may arise. If I've left something out that is important to you, please convo me and I'll answer promptly.
Accepted payment methods
Layaways are available for chenille bedspreads only. The terms are nonrefundable 50% down, maximum term is 60 days. No cancellations and all sales are final.
Because these fabrics are often cut to order, there are no cancellations on fabric orders. Please be certain of your choices and ask any questions you may have about your purchases before paying.
~ I accept returns if there is an obvious error on my part. If I make a mistake I will accept a return for exchange only if the fabric is exactly as it was sent out to you. If you have altered the fabric, including laundering it, I will not accept a return.
~ All fabrics are examined closely and all orders are checked to be sure your order is filled exactly. Even though caring attention is paid to your order, mistakes can be made.
~ I do not accept returns or exchanges based upon color. All monitor screens are different and colors may look different to the viewer. If you are looking for an exact color I use a color wheel and a universal color chart for matching colors to ensure accuracy. However, you can always convo me with a photo of what you want to match and I'll do my best to coordinate for you.
- All postal rates are based upon weight, value, distance, insurance, signature confirmation and method of shipment.
- If a refund is due for excess S&H, it is refunded in whole dollars to your method of payment once postage is purchased and shipment is made.
- Orders may require signature confirmation if they are substantial in size, quantity or cost.
~ Requests for shipping methods not shown in listings may be billed separately if it increases the cost of the postage from what you have paid.
~ Quotes in listings for postage/handling are accurate for 1-2 pieces in most listings, depending upon weight, size and distance. Larger orders often result in a partial refund of postage.
~ Refunds are made in whole dollars if it goes over the actual shipping and handling costs to your method of payment.
~ If you purchase more than one item in an order you are charged full rate for the heaviest item and each additional item purchased is charged at a discounted rate.
~ Method of shipment is chosen by lowest cost and in some cases USPS Priority is most cost effective. Please read paragraph on shipping refunds.
- Every order is sent with a delivery confirmation tracking number that becomes a part of your purchase history with Etsy and/or PayPal. You will be notified via e-mail of the tracking number and you can also find the number on your Etsy receipt. You can follow transit of your shipment at www.tools.USPS.com.
~ Your receipt will show your 'ship by' date. If there is reason to extend that date you will be notified. Most orders are mailed within a few days if possible.
- Please be sure your account has the correct shipping address. If the U.S. Postal Service does not recognize your address there is a disruption of service as we try to sort out the correct address.
~ Most shipments are received within a few days of mailing but weather and other phenomenon beyond our control may delay delivery.
~ International shipments are processed through US Postal Service who is responsible for it's timely transit to the international postal center. Once it leaves the U.S. it becomes the responsibility of the international transport carrier and your country's postal system.
INSURING YOUR PURCHASE
~ If insurance is not required for your purchase but you want to add it to your invoice, please notify the shop. This may increase the cost of your postage.
DAMAGE DURING SHIPMENT
- The post office has lost only 2 packages out of thousands mailed and I've never had a complaint of damage. Double packaging and security methods are practiced to ensure safe delivery.
- The post office examines all packages prior to delivery and if a package is damaged they will record it and may notify you. Filing and collecting a refund on an insured purchase claim can take up to 6 weeks or longer. Be sure to keep all packaging for postal inspection. If your item arrives with obvious damage to the package take a photo of the damage for the claim as you will be required to present evidence of damage.
- All international orders are hand-carried to a U.S. Postal Service for mailing and a certificate of mailing is obtained.
~ The USPS (United States Postal System), publishes a restricted country list. Shops are prevented from shipping to any country where safe delivery cannot be guaranteed or any country where an ongoing conflict interferes with safe mail delivery. If you aren't certain if your country is on the list you can find out by going to www.usps.com.
- Every effort is made to assure your purchases will arrive safely. If you want to insure your order, please convo me. Published shipping costs do not include insurance and must be invoiced separately.
- Please make sure your purchase is approved by your country's customs laws. Returns are not accepted and refunds are not offered on orders that are confiscated by your country's customs officials.
- Customs Forms and Duty/Use Tax: All customs forms will be filled out with the actual purchase price and product information in compliance with U.S. and international laws. Customers are responsible for Value Added Tax (VAT) and other costs associated with import.
Returns and exchanges
In general I do not accept returns unless I have made an error. I do not process exchanges. If you have an approved return and wish to replace it with another item, you will have to place a new order. All legitimate returns are refunded upon receipt if in the original condition and unaltered in any way.
Pristine chenille is meant for collecting and preserving for prosterity. The vast majority of the fabrics I sell are gleaned from gently used vintage chenille bedspreads, referred to as "cutters". A "cutter" vintage chenille bedspread is one that has wear issues. Some of the fabric is without issues and considered heirloom quality, that is the portion I use to create my quilts and other chenille products. The vintage chenille fabrics I offer are a portion of the fabric I buy for producing my custom orders. Once the dedicated portion for resale is sold, what is left will only be used in my heirloom sewing and I must decline to sell it in order to fulfill my orders. All vintage fabrics in AlorasAdorables are gently used and can be expected to show light wear issues including but not limited to gentle fading and minor fabric pulls and these minor flaws are not considered legitimate reason for return as they are indicative of vintage fabrics in general.
If you find something I missed, please notify me by Etsy convo and provide a clear photo close-up of the issue, but do not return it without permission. Return postage is the responsibility of the buyer and items must be returned in the exact same condition as sent.
Additional policies and FAQs
~ Many crafters like to upcycle fringe and it is rare to find vintage fringe in good condition. Occasionally I sell fringe cut from vintage cotton chenille bedspreads especially if it is exceptional and/or handmade. I carefully rotary cut fringe from the bedspread but it is up to the customer to undo any stitching they want undone as I do not remove stitches where fringe was previously attached to the spread. Even with fine quality fringe, some wear can be expected. I leave it up to the purchaser to make all repairs. Your listing will show photos of any damage or excess wear.
CUSTOM REQUESTS FOR FABRICS
- When making a custom request for fabric please detail the fabric, pattern, color, size, quantity or copy the listing IP address into your convo.
- I do not offer custom orders for fabric squares.
- Fabric sizes in a listing are the minimum size you will receive and in most cases fabrics are cut slighty larger than dimensions listed.
- Fabrics are cut to preserve the quality portions gleaned from vintage chenille bedspreads. As a result some pieces presented for sale may be odd-shaped or smaller than the usual cut. In cutting a spread this way, little waste results and fabrics for upcycling are those healthy enough for heirloom sewing.
All customers placing a custom order, please read these policies in full. Please read the entire listing description as well as these shop policies. By purchasing you are acknowledging you have read, agree with and will comply with policies.
~ Please provide a telephone number where I can reach you with any questions or concerns I may have while working on your quilt. Etsy convos are great but not everyone checks their e-mail or the Etsy account everyday and some design questions may hold up the work until I can reach you. If you prefer to not supply your phone number, I will make all design decisions myself so I can meet schedule deadlines.
~ I do not use pins in making my quilts as they pose a potential danger if a pin navigates to a unseen or unfelt place in the quilt and may cause an injury. I use quilting clips made of plastic that hold the layers in place, they are safe for both the maker and the end user.
~ To protect users who suffer from allergies, I do not use chemical treatments on the fabrics. I launder with unscented, non-surfactant cleaners that are hypoallergenic and kind to the environment.
~ I use the best quality materials to produce my quilts including all components of the quilts.
~ I accept custom orders for crib quilts, playmats, pillows, throws, coverlets up to 60x60 inches, dog beds and other projects. I no longer accept orders for double, queen, king or California-king bed sized quilts. If you wish, I can provide referrals to quilters who offer those quilt sizes.
- Please be sure to give your desired dimensions when placing a request.
- Special requests for upgrades and/or handmade embellishment are not included in the base price quoted in the custom listing examples.
- Some vintage chenille fabrics shown in custom examples are rare and hard to find and may no longer be available. I have an extensive inventory and will make an appropriate substitution from the sample/example photos.
~ Price quotes are based upon varying cost of fabrics, size and labor involved.
- AlorasAdorables does not discount for multiple custom orders or sell wholesale.
- I only make one-of-a-kind quilts. Each quilt is designed specifically for the individual customer and will not be an exact duplicate of a sample custom design listing. If there is a design you prefer from the samples, I will use it to guide me in making your quilt and may suggest ways to personalize your design.
- I prefer full payment in advance, however I may consider an arrangement of half down plus shipping and the balance upon completion.
- Your booking reservation will remain open for 24 hours for payment.
- By making your down payment, you also indicate agreement with the design plan as outlined in our initial communications.
- All communication is to take place on Etsy in the form of convos so that I have a written record of details of your purchase. I will only contact by phone if I need a prompt answer or can't reach you. All telephone communication will be followed up by convo to insure the information is part of the transaction record.
- In order to stay on schedule and get everyone their quilt by the agreed upon completion date please answer convos and/or e-mails within 24 hours.
- Custom orders are usually booked 6-8 weeks in advance or by availability.
- I cut fabrics in your preferred color palette and send photos of a proposed layout to you. If there are any changes let me know within 24 hours so I can meet scheduling demands. If I don't hear anything in that time frame, I will begin sewing without your feedback. No changes can be made after this time.
- Cancellation after cutting fabrics or other construction has begun will forfeit all monies and supplies. Hours of labor have gone into preparation and the down payment may only cover part of the costs so no refunds, exchanges or credits for future services or products are offered.
~ Emergencies: I know real emergencies happen and I will consider circumstances and will work with you to temporarily delay your final payment.
- These are hand-made quilts utilizing the aid of sewing machines, sergers, etc. They are not manufactured. Manufactured quilts are exact duplicates with no noticeable differences. You can expect that the varying thicknesses of fabrics, batting and backing will result in dimpling on the back of the quilt, this is unavoidable. If the backing is flannel, I realize it may shrink a little so I purposely make the backing a little loose. After being laundered and dried in the dryer the minor shrinkage will lessen. The purpose of hand-tying is to stablize shifting of materials and is necessary to ensure durability and to keep fabrics from shifting.
- I carefully plan and work on schedule to delivery your quilt by the completion date promised. You will be notified by convo when your quilt balance is due and your quilt is ready for mailing. If you can't pay your balance within 24 hours, please notify me.
- I keep completed quilts up to 30 days. If the balance is not paid in that time and/or you have not answered my convo reminders, it will be assumed you have no intention of doing so. You will not receive a refund, credit, adjustment or any portion from future resale of the quilt.
IMPORTANT: Certification and testing by the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) are utilized in manufacturing but are prohibitively expensive for the individual quilter. No custom order quilt made by AlorasAdorables is certified by CPSIA. We are required by law to notify purchasers of this. You alone are responsible for how you choose to use this quilt and by purchasing and ordering, acknowledge responsibility and release Aloras Adorables and owner(s) from any liability.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
~ Your quilt is made to last for generations with diligent care and easy maintenance:
~ Use cold water only.
~ Use gentle agitation in 2-3 minute intervals over a short period. The cycle should be agitate 2 minutes, soak, repeat.
~ Use a gentle cleanser preferably without surfactants. My preference is Orvus Fine Fabric Cleaner available online but any good quality non-surfactant cleaner will do.
~ Line dry or use the low "fluff" setting on your dryer.
~ All of my cut fabrics are clean and fresh but if you want to launder them before cutting, be aware that fraying on cut edges will occur. You can limit this with a line of stay stitching along edges before laundering.
COLORS AND PHOTOGRAPHY
It is impossible to show the "exact" color on all monitors because resolutions differ between computer monitors and many conditions affect lighting. If lack of lighting, such as a cloudy day, prevents you from seeing details, I may brighten a photo to make the details visible however, no other alterations are made.
REFUSAL OF SERVICE
~ The majority of customers are courteous and kind. AlorasAdorables appreciates courteous, pleasant customers and you will be treated cordially with respect in return. In the rare event of a disruptive individual, I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who behaves unreasonably, causes unnecessary conflict or gives reason to believe a transaction will not go smoothly.
Please know every effort has been made to publish shop policies and guidelines that address most contingencies. AlorasAdorables' shop and policies were implemented with the professional guidance of a business advisor, attorney and other paid and unpaid advisors. This advice, as well as Etsy seller guidelines was used in publishing policies and every detail of shop preparation and maintenance. Ongoing professional guidance periodically and routinely address issues as they arise.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COPYRIGHT AND FAIR USE
We comply with the spirit of Etsy and respect the intellectual property of others. In regard to Copyright and Fair Use, AlorasAdorables does not give permission to use, fraudulently use, display, copy or share any intellectual property whether printed/published in any aspect of the Etsy store, sent by email or any other means; any content or wording in sections of the store including descriptions; photos; About pages; Policies, and all other written content in the store in compliance with Intellectual Property Law. Using this information to falsely portray, impersonate or misrepresent or defame is considered a misappropriation of intellectual property and Right of Privacy. This includes action to upload, download, post, email, transmit, store or otherwise make available any content in a unlawful, harassing, threatening, harmful, tortuous, defamatory, libelous, abusive, violent, obscene, vulgar, invasive, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise objectionable manner. Infringement can lead to legal remedies to collect statutory damages.
Why I need your information and how I use it:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
* as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
* if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
*Service providers: I engage trusted delivery companies via Etsy to fulfill transit of your orders to the address provided. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
*Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases, as follows:
*Access. All information retained by me is through Etsy hosting venue. You may obtain this information in your account purchase order receipts.
*Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will delete your personal information upon request.
*Object. You can object to my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless it is needed for legal reasons.
*Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me:
For purposes of EU data protection law, Etsy is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact Etsy at Etsy.com/help for assistance, or send a request directly to Etsy.
Frequently asked questions
Do you refund excess shipping?
Yes. Each fabric cut weighs differently so shipping is estimated. You are refunded everything over shipping and handling costs. I refund in whole dollars.
Do you take custom orders?
I love to fulfill customer's wishes for their custom quilt. Please convo me with details of size, color, design, desired delivery date. Wait time can be 4-16 weeks depending on time of year. Please read shop policies for custom orders.
Do you accept returns?
Only when we have made an error in your order and only for the fabric being returned or exchanged. You can find more information on the shop policies page.
Do you make quilting kits of your designs?
I do not sell copy kits of my designs. All sold designs shown in listings are one-of-a-kind custom made and are shown only as an example of my work.