The Beginnings of Bottletopboy
We were first introduced to the world of knitted and crocheted food in 2007 when we found a picture of a crocheted donut pin cushion on line. We were looking for something completely different but it changed the way we saw knitting and crochet entirely and we haven't looked back since.
We used to make things for friends and family until we decided last year (2013) that it was about time to get organised and sorted all our scribbled patterns out properly. Now we are really enjoying coming up with new ideas and patterns to share with people so that they can make these fun items for their friends and family too!
More recently we have been drawn into the fabulous world of table confetti! Borne from a love of books and parties, we have once again combined 2 things to come up with something that we think is quite beautiful.
Around the web
Owner, Maker, Designer
We still love to knit. We still love to crochet. We still love food. But we're also quite keen on table confetti these days!
Please Note: We do not sell the completed knitted or crocheted items in our shop - only the patterns. Photos used in our listings represent items made using our patterns.
Accepted payment methods
Once you have completed payment / checkout, a PDF of your pattern(s) will be available for you in the download section of your Etsy account so that you can print it / them. Printed copies of patterns will not be mailed / posted to you.
We post physical items as soon as reasonably possible and always within three working days. We will post to the address listed on your Etsy account unless you advise otherwise.
Items to the UK will be sent by Second Class post, estimated delivery time on this service is 2-3 working days, but this is not guaranteed. If you would prefer to upgrade to a quicker, First Class service, please select this option on checkout.
Items to the rest of the world will be sent by International Standard, estimated delivery time on this service is 3 to 7 days, but this is not guaranteed. Please be aware that Royal Mail do not consider an item as lost until 25 days after posting to some locations.
Our postage charges closely follow Royal Mail's charges plus the cost of any packaging used - we do not aim to make a profit on postage and packing.
If your package does not arrive within the expected time frame, please let us know so that we can work together on the best way to proceed. We always get proof of posting when we send packages, this enables us to claim compensation from Royal Mail if something does get lost in the post.
Please note that when purchasing from overseas (outside of the UK), you are responsible for any customs / fees / taxes that may be applicable to your purchase. Please make sure you are aware of any additional costs that may be applied before you buy as we cannot be held responsible for these costs or for any damage caused by customs officials.
Returns and exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Digital downloads
We are happy to refund any other item that you purchase from us, so long as you advise us within 7 days of receipt that you wish to return the item and we receive it no later than 14 days following that.
Returned items must still be in saleable condition when we receive them or we will deduct accordingly from the amount refunded. Once we receive the item we will process your refund to include original postage and packing charges. Buyers are responsible for paying return postage on returned items. We would strongly recommend you get proof of postage for your returned item so that if your package does not arrive safely with us, you can pursue a claim with Royal Mail.
Additional policies and FAQs
If you require any additional information before purchasing one of our items, please feel free to convo us or email us at bottletopboy [!at] hotmail.co.uk.
Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact us directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
1. As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support.
2. If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
2. Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
3. Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
1. Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
2. Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons), we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
3. Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
4. Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Andrew Burton, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at bottletopboy [!at] hotmail.co.uk