Our "Quit Your Day Job" Success Story!
Welcome! Eight years ago we left our native Oregon to relocate to Utah for Joe's company. We loved it there - the snow, the sunshine, the people...we loved Utah! The only downside to our move was Joe worked really long hours. While it was wonderful being home to raise our daughter, there were a lot of hours in the day. Having been a fabric stasher (hoarder) for years, Tayva turned to her stash to sew up all kinds of fun toys and gifts for friends and family. As more of our friends were having boys Tayva struggled to find "fun boy fabric" at local quilt shops to sew with. After a little time online Tayva found Etsy, and the fabric shop dream was born.
Our shop started as one shelf of fabric. We spent our entire budget on the first 22 bolts and we nervously listed it hoping you all would find us and want to shop with us. You did, THANK YOU!!!
Originally Tayva started StitchStashDiva as a little side-business to help finance her own sewing and crafting, but as we sold fabric we were so excited we reinvested instead of spending it. As we expanded to two shelves of fabric, our sales increased all the more. We were thrilled!!!
Our turning point was when Joe told Tayva to buy whatever she wanted! Best.Words.Ever!!! With our next fabric shipment we quadrupled our inventory, and sales launched!
As the fabric shop grew, Joe realized that while he loved his company we relocated to launch, he really wanted to be home working in the shop and being a much more hands-on parent. Yay! We moved to California to gain access to the best doctors for our medically complex daughter, and both worked from home. We LOVED it!!! THANK YOU all for choosing our shop and for contributing to our dream!
We quickly grew beyond the size of our home and moved to a big warehouse, complete with a playroom and indoor playground for our three daughters. Rough Life! ;-)
Now, seven years into our fabric shop we are about to open our first retail shop in Fair Oaks, California. We are planning to open for our first event July 2018 for our 7-Year-Anniversary Sale! Please follow us on Instagram and Facebook for store opening details! If you are local and want a sneak peek before our official opening please message us to arrange a visit.
In addition to our fabric shop, Joe has another Etsy shop where he sells everything you need to ship packages for your handmade business, please check his shop out!!!
When you choose to shop with us you are helping us support our family. THANK YOU!
We are so grateful to each and every one of our customers. We absolutely love the connections we make with our customers and we love seeing your pictures as well as watching all of your businesses grow! Please drop us a note anytime, we love hearing from you!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Tayva & Joe
We are The Singers, a Husband-Wife Etsy Team! Originally our shop was a hobby to support our other hobbies, and now we are both happily employed as work-at-home-parents with our three little girls!
Owner, Curator, Fabric Diva
Hello! I am Tayva and I LOVE color! As a mom with three little girls I started my shop so I could find all of my favorite FUN and BRIGHT fabrics in one location. I curate, cut and package all of the fabric in our shop.
Owner, Communication Guru
I am Joe, and I now know more about fabric than I ever thought I would! I respond to all convos, and I take care of all of our shipping. I love being a work-at-home-dad to our three little girls. Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for stopping by!
Accepted payment methods
FLAT-RATE SHIPPING: Unlimited US Shipping for $6.95.
FIRST-CLASS SHIPPING: If you purchase 2.5 yards or less of cotton and prefer First-Class Shipping (and a refund of the excess shipping fees) please leave a note at checkout "First Class Shipping" and we will process your refund when your fabric ships. If you do not leave a note we automatically ship Priority Mail - we do not profit off of shipping fees.
First-Class Shipping Table for Cotton:
- 1/2 Yard: $2.95
- 1 Yard: $3.50
- 1.5 Yards: $4.00
- 2 Yards: $4.60
- 2.5 Yards: 5.25
*Please Note - First Class Mail is shipped without any insurance so while you will save money up front, we do not refund or re-ship fabric for lost or wrongly delivered fabric. We can add insurance for a small additional fee if you choose.
2) LOST PACKAGE: All Domestic US & International packages are automatically insured for a value of up to $100. In the rare but unfortunate event your package is lost, we are only able to refund up to the amount of available insurance.
In the very rare and unfortunate event your package is lost, please keep us informed so we may be of help and expedite a refund. After 15 days we are able to file an insurance claim. After the insurance claim is filed it takes up to 10 days to receive a refund. We will work with you to quickly complete this entire process so you receive your refund as quickly as possible. In more than 200,000 sales (since we opened StitchStashDiva) we have only filed 5 claims - again, lost packages are very rare!!!
We are happy to cancel your order if you contact us within 1 hour of placing your order. After one hour each order is automatically printed and sent to our shipping department and we are not able to cancel it. We are happy to add to your order or hold it until you confirm/finalize fabric cuts, but we do not cancel or refund orders after one hour.
- For All International Orders -
1) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: All International orders ship via PRIORITY MAIL or FEDEX EXPRESS ONLY. Priority Mail usually arrives within 10-14 business days. 14 days is not a guarantee, but to date 98% of our International customers have received their fabric within the 14 days. FedEx Express packages usually arrive within 1-2 day to Canada, and 3-5 days for all other International destinations. The international shipping cost includes insurance on your package.
CUSTOMS/DUTIES - See #4
2) MAXIMIZE YOUR PURCHASE: Up to 11 Yards of Cotton Fabric or 5.5 Yards of Flannel Fabric will ship in each Priority Mail Envelope. When purchasing more than 11 Yards we will send you a listing for the additional shipping due. Fabric will not be cut or shipped until the additional shipping fee is paid.
3) REDUCED SHIPPING: After you have successfully received a package via Priority Mail from Stitch Stash Diva, we are happy to ship you smaller orders via First-Class Mail. If you are interested in this service, please message us before your purchase with the number of yards you are purchasing and I will send you a shipping quote prior to your purchase.
4) DUTY/TAXES: All duty/taxes that are added by your country are completely separate from Stitch Stash Diva, and are 100% the responsibility of the customer. Please know your country's duty/tax charges PRIOR to purchase. If your order is a gift please leave a note at checkout so we complete your customs form correctly, thank you in advance!!! We do not know what your duty/tax fees will be, and we do not have an option to prepay your duty/tax fees. We do not accept returns nor refund for packages not claimed due to lack of duty/tax fee payments. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER AT CHECKOUT so we may include this information on your customs documents - this will expedite delivery to you! Many Thanks!!!
5) LOST PACKAGE: International packages are automatically insured for a value of up to $100. Additional insurance is available for a small additional fee and must be purchased before your package ships. Please convo us for specific information and/or an insurance upgrade listing. In the rare but unfortunate event your package is lost, we are only able to refund up to the amount of available insurance.
In the very rare and unfortunate event your package is lost, please keep us informed so we may be of help and expedite a refund. After 30 days we are able to file an insurance claim. After the insurance claim is filed it takes up to 10 days to receive a refund. We will work with you to quickly complete this entire process so you receive your refund as quickly as possible. In more than 170,000 sales (since we opened StitchStashDiva) we have only filed 8 claims - again, lost packages are very rare!!!
As a small mom-pop business, NO REFUNDS OR REPLACEMENT FABRIC for any lost or wrongly delivered packages with proof that your package has shipped and delivered to the address provided.
If you live in shared housing or do not have secure mail, please message us with any additional instructions to secure your mail. For example, we are happy to ship your fabrics "Signature Required" if this will ensure a safe and timely delivery, and we are also happy to ship to a work address. Please tell us how we can help!
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Items on sale
Returns and exchange details
1) Fabric must be returned new, unwashed, unmarked, and uncut - in the original condition you received it.
**Sale fabrics are Final Sale Only, No Returns Accepted**
2) Please contact us within 7 days of receiving your package to request our return form and authorization. IMPORTANT: Unauthorized fabric returns will be donated, they will not be refunded, reshipped or credited. Fabric for US returns must be postmarked within 14 calendar (not business) days of receiving your package.
3) Returns that meet condition 1 & 2 above will be credited to your original form of payment within 5 days of receiving, less shipping fees. We strive for next-day credits, but we prioritize shipping new orders and will process your refund/exchange as quickly as we are able to. We will always contact you the same-day we receive your return/exchange with the contact information you provide on your return form.
We do not pay shipping for returned merchandise. If you received Free Shipping on your order, the cost of original shipping will be deducted from your refund/credit, and you will be responsible for paying the return shipping as well.
4) Fabrics returned with prior authorization and in the new, unwashed, unmarked, and uncut original condition will receive a full-value credit, less shipping. No restocking fee. If fabric is returned with authorization but AFTER our 14-day return window it will be charged a 25% restocking fee in addition to the shipping fee. Any loss in value due to smell, damage, or pet hair will be communicated when we receive your return and the loss in value will be deducted from any refund processed.
PLEASE NOTE: The industry standard when shopping in retail quilt fabric stores is that All Sales are Final. This used to be our policy as well. With the closing of so many local quilt shops across the country and our creative need to see and touch the fabric, we have decided to change our policy so that customers may purchase with confidence - if your fabric arrives and it doesn't meet your expectations you can return it with minimal effort and expense.
Above and beyond cutting your order and shipping as quickly as possible, we are here to serve! PLEASE message us with questions or leave notes at checkout if you want specific fabrics to match or coordinate. We provide color matching services (including photos!) quickly and as a free service. Computer monitors vary so we want to help! No question is too big or small, so trust that communication is our priority and know we will respond quickly, 7 days a week.
Thank you for choosing to support small business and shop with us!
Additional policies and FAQs
Most importantly, remember we are here to help you! If you aren't sure how much fabric to order based on a fabric and pattern please message us with your specific information and we will help. We are happy to take additional pictures showing you the scale of a print, or showing multiple fabrics together to help you choose the best coordinating prints. Count on us to help make online fabric shopping fun and take out the guess work!
Fabric is available for sale on a first-come first-served basis. Custom Orders (Reserved Listings) are not held or cut until they are paid for. Please communicate notice of delayed payment and I will be happy to work with you.
Frequently asked questions
$6.95 Flat Rate Shipping in The US
Shipping is a Flat Fee of $6.95 for as much as you purchase including Minky and Knit fabrics within the United States. Most orders will ship Priority Mail 1-3 Business Days.
Yes! Orders of 2.5 Yards or less of Cotton Fabric, or 1 Yard of Dimple, Smooth, or Chevron Minky, 1/2 yard of Furry Minky, or 1.5 Yards of Knit, can ship 1st Class Mail and save you money! To select this option, please select "1st Class Mail" under shipping upgrades on the shopping cart page (Yes, we know it is not a shipping upgrade, but this is the only term Etsy has) and we will refund the difference as soon as we process your order.
First-Class Shipping Table for Cotton:
- 1/2 Yard: $2.95
- 1 Yard: $3.50
- 1.5 Yards: $4.00
- 2 Yards: $4.60
- 2.5 Yards: $5.25
International Customers will automatically be billed for Priority Mail/Express Shipping for up to 11 or 16 yards of cotton fabric depending on your location. To find out how many yards you qualify for, please message us with your city, country, and postal code.
Cheaper Shipping for International Customers?
We can ship 1st Class Mail for less if you are ordering 5 yards of cotton or less. If you would like to have your order shipped 1st Class Mail, please message us with the title of the fabrics, the fabric cut of each, and your country. We will make you a listing with accurate shipping.
How do I order multiple Yards?
We always cut fabric over a yard as continuous. If you would like 4 yards for example, please select "Yard" from the Fabric Cut Drop Down Menu and "4" from the quantity drop down menu and it will come as a 4 yard cut. We automatically cut continuous so no need to leave a note.
When will my order ship?
We strive to ship out all orders out Same Day or within 1 Business Day, No Extra charge for this fast turnaround time!
Is more yardage available?
We don't always list our total available yardage online. If you are looking for more yardage than what it is showing available, please message with the yardage you are looking for and we will get back to you same day if we are in the shop or next business morning if we are out of the shop.
FREE Shipping at $60
FREE SHIPPING on all US orders of $60 or more (before shipping and sale tax where applicable) automatically. The Free Shipping Discount will show up on the Checkout page.
International Customers will receive a $5.50 discount off of the total cost of shipping with the code: "INTL550OFF". This discount will be applied before you complete your transaction, and will appear as a fixed $5.50 discount.
Coupon codes are to be entered on the Shopping Cart Page.