Mother and daughter team Heather & Katie dye beautiful hand dyed yarn and make beautiful shawls, blankets and accessories including stitch markers.
My name is Katie and I live in Sheffield. I have always been creative and have knit since I was little. I love making beautiful creations for people so homespunwonders was born. I use a variety of yarns but try to used hand-dyed yarns as much as I can especially from our own Yorkshire Dale Yarn range. When choosing what yarn to use for what pattern I try to pick a theme and then choose yarns which invoke that feeling. For something extra specially I also love adding beads and embellishmenrs to my work.
My mum has always been a big influence in my life and she has an amazing talent for art and design. We now work together to create beautiful things for people to love and cherish.
We are passionate about crafting especially when it involves wool!
“We just want you to love knitting, crocheting and crafting as much as we do and to be inspired by the joy of owning something created by hand”
Homespunwonders is focused on providing high-quality service and customer satisfaction - we will do everything we can to meet your expectations.
We knit, crochet, embroider, sew and felt beautiful textiles including shawls, cushions, blankets, craft accessories and gifts. We also hand dye our own yarn. Based in Yorkshire we love making beautiful creations for people to cherish. We focus on quality and excellence when we select the yarns, fibre and material we use and try to source it in the UK.
Our hand dyed yarn is made using professional acid dyes in our dye room in Yorkshire. All our wool is ethically sourced so none of it comes from Australia where they practice muelling. As much as possible we try to source it from either the UK or peru where women community projects produce the yarn.
We also sell a selection of specially choosen knitting and crochet accessories and supplies to make your crafting journey as enjoyable and fun as ours.
My name is Katie and I live in Sheffield. I have always been creative and have knit since I was little. I love making beautiful creations for people so homespunwonders was born.
Heather is Katie's mum and has been sewing since she was little. Heather's creative inspiration comes from a country folk art style. She works with felt, crewel wool and yarn to make beautiful creations influenced by nature and the living world.
Accepted payment methods
Please note we can not guarentee delivery for christmas after the following dates:
UK 18th December 2018
For International customers, the last date will depend on where you are in the world and again we can't offer any guarantee so it's best not to leave things to the last minute.
Africa, Middle East
Asia, Cyprus, Far East
Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia)
Caribbean, Central and South America, Australia
Greece, New Zealand, Turkey
Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Poland
Canada, Finland, Sweden, USA
Austria, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia
Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg
We ship by Royal Mail within 1-3 business days of payment (custom dyed wool takes 2-3 weeks to ship), and items should arrive within 4-5 days of payment.
If you require guaranteed or quicker shipping please contact me and I can arrange it. Additional charges may be incurred.
Proof of delivery in the UK costs just £4-10.
Please note Orders over 900g will require different shipping rates, please contact me for rates.
We ship by Royal Mail within 1-3 business days of payment, and items should arrive within 14 days of payment but this can not be guarenteed due to different postal regimes in other countries.
Overseas customers are responsible for paying any taxes or customs charges.
If you want faster shipping or tracked services please contact me. Additional charges may apply.
Loss is very rare in my experience. I obtain proof of postage for all items sent and can not accept responsibility for failure to deliver, particularly in countries other than the UK as the postal system is out of my hands. If you wish to used tracked or signed for delivery methods to ensure delivery, please contact me as these are available for an additional charge.
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
We hope you are very happy with your purchase as we take great care in creating all the items in our shop to make them both beautiful and unique.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, firstly send us a message, you can return your items up to 14 days after you have received your order. You will be responsible for returning items in their original condition as well as return shipping costs and must obtain proof of postage.
Provided the purchase is in it's original condition a refund or replacement can be requested (minus original shipping costs).
Many of our items are individually hand made, so an identical replacement may not be possible.
Please be aware that whilst we take great care to ensure correct colour reproduction computer monitors often show colours differently. We also try to describe our products fully please read the description and contact me if you have any questions.
We obtain proof of postage for all items sent out.
Additional policies and FAQs
Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact us directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Katie Collins, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at homespunwonders [!at] yahoo.co.uk. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Katie Collins, 80 Queen Victoria Road, Sheffield, S17 4HU
Please note if you wish to access, correct or delete personal information held by Etsy, you should send a request directly to Etsy.
Frequently asked questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
We package all our items in secure sturdy packaging. We try and make it look pretty so its as nice to open as it is to have. If you are sending it as a gift just message us after you have purchased and we would be happy to wrap it for you free of charge. Just let us know the occasion and we'll make sure it looks lovely.
Christmas gift wrapping
We will happily wrap you parcel for Christmas - just message us and we will happy take the hassle out of Christmas shopping. We always add a tag when we are wrapping which can either be left blank for your own message or if you are getting us to send it straight to the lucky recipient we can write your message for you.
Custom and personalised orders
We are happy to customise our hand dyed yarns just message us to discuss your requirements.