A little bit about Ink and Elm Backdrops:
Ink and Elm Backdrops all began in a little shop in Temecula, California in 2011. Ink and Elm was Founded by a daughter who enjoyed photography, design, and creativity combined with a father who could bring her photography, design, and creativity to life with his 30+ years of extensive knowledge in printing and business. In no time, a father-daughter collaboration quickly turned into a backdrop empire! Two years after opening, Ink and Elm decided to move their little shop to the beautiful state of Idaho and build a larger shop to accommodate their growing business.
Not only did the shop grow, but the team grew as well! Ink and Elm is currently run by daughter, sister, mother, father, aunt, and several wonderful employees who are eager and ready to help you with your questions and inquiries!
We would like to thank our customers for their continuous loyalty and support of Ink and Elm! We wouldn't be in business without you!
Thank you for choosing Ink & Elm as your Backdrop Shop!
A little bit about Ink and Elm's service:
•We print with the HIGHEST, longest lasting, vinyl material on Etsy (trust us on this one!)
•We are known for our EXCELLENT customer service!
•We have the FASTEST turnaround times on Etsy!
*We always offer the LOWEST prices!
*We have over 6900 5-star reviews from our wonderful customers!
And most of all, we LOVE our customers and couldn't run a business without your loyalty and support! Thank you for choosing Ink and Elm as your go-to backdrop shop!
To provide you with the lowest prices, best customer service, and fastest turnaround times, we have a few policies that we ask our customers to read and agree to before purchasing. Please read all of our policies, FAQ, and shipping info below before purchasing. Thanks again for choosing Ink and Elm!
Accepted payment methods
You do NOT need to have a Paypal account to checkout with your credit card through Paypal.
We are proud to offer the quickest shipping on Etsy! (Please keep in mind that this does not include holidays or weekends.)
Transit time is typically 2-4 business days depending on your location. (Please keep in mind that Ink and Elm is not responsible for unexpected postal shipping delays and unfortunately cannot reimburse shipping costs for delayed shipments.)
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!
If you don't see your country listed in our listings, please contact us for a quick shipping quote! (read below for more details)
Yes, we can rush your order for you! Contact us BEFORE purchasing with your deadline and zipcode and we will quickly get you a rush shipping quote!
PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT responsible for weather related delays on Expedited shipping and rush orders. Unfortunately, we cannot refund for these delays. If your package arrives late with no explanation, please contact us so we can contact the shipping company.
We kindly ask that customers do not provide us with deadlines but instead order accordingly with our current production times. If this time frame does not work for your deadline, we can make it work with our RUSH SHIPPING options! If you would like to add RUSH EXPEDITED shipping to your order, please contact us BEFORE placing your order and we will accommodate the best we can! :)
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING (OUTSIDE THE US): International orders do not include any import duties, customs fees, or taxes. International buyers may be subject to import fees, duties, and taxes (if applicable in your country) and Ink and Elm cannot be held responsible for any fees/charges incurred with your country.
Ink and Elm cannot be held responsible for any International shipment delays or items held at customs. You can contact your local customs office for more information. If any package is refused or unclaimed, all packages will be returned to Ink and Elm. Re-shipping will be at the customers expense.
International transit time is typically 3-10 days depending on the method of shipment, however, we do not guarantee your item will be delivered in that timeframe. Ink and Elm is not responsible for shipping delays caused by the carrier or customs.
Returns and exchanges
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, WE WILL NOT OFFER RETURNS/REFUNDS/EXCHANGES FOR THE FOLLOWING:
• WRONG SIZE PURCHASED. Please measure out the size you are purchasing to make sure it will work for your needs as we cannot offer an exchange for wrong sizes purchased.
• WRONG ITEM PURCHASED.
• NOT ABLE TO ACHEIVE GOOD RESULTS IN YOUR PHOTO. Please understand, we are not responsible for the results of a customer's photos and photography skills. For example, if a backdrop is printed white (visibly white in person) but you are achieving a tone other than white in your photo, please understand that the backdrop is not at fault. This is a result of lighting, camera settings, white balance, etc. and we cannot be held responsible for poor results. We can, however, assist with any questions and are more than happy to offer any tips to help you achieve the beautiful results our other customers achieve with their backdrops! :)
• COLOR VARIANCE. Please keep in mind that all monitors are calibrated differently. Every computer screen, mobile device, tablet, laptop, etc are set at different color and resolution settings. Because of this, colors shown on your screen may slightly vary from the actual print. We cannot offer refunds, replacements, or exchanges due to slight color variance.
• NOT LIKING A BACKDROP OR DESIGN RECEIVED. We cannot offer a return/exchange for simply not liking a design received.
• LIGHTING ISSUES WITH BACKDROPS. All Ink and Elm Backdrops are printed on matte vinyl material, however, some designs (specifically darker designs) may require lighting adjustments. Ink and Elm will not be held responsible for the inability to achieve correct lighting on a backdrop (aka light bounce/glare); all backdrops have gone through thorough extensive testing before hitting the shop to ensure results with good lighting are achievable. If you are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with studio lighting, we might recommend purchasing a small 2x2 size to test it out or sticking to the lighter colored backdrops which don't require lighting adjustments.
• ITEM SHIPPED BACK TO US OR NOT DELIVERED DUE TO AN INCORRECT/INSUFFICIENT ADDRESS. If an item is shipped back to our shop due to an insufficient address (or delivery refusal), we unfortunately cannot provide a refund. Instead, we will require a repayment of shipping costs to ship the item back out to you. ***PLEASE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK YOUR ADDRESS AT CHECKOUT.
Additional policies and FAQs
Ink and Elm allows up to 3 hours after placing an order for any order changes or cancellations. Once this time frame passes, your order will have gone into production and will be charged a small 20% restocking fee for any changes or cancellations as each order is custom printed. Thank you for your understanding.
Frequently asked questions
Are your backdrops offered in different sizes? How can I find the size I need?
Most of our backdrops come in many sizes. However, they may not always be listed in the shop. To search for the size you are looking for, simply type the name of the backdrop (found in quotes at the end of the title description) to see the sizes listed. If you still can't find your size, contact us and we'll set up a listing for you!
Backdrop Care Instructiions
We highly recommend storing your backdrops rolled in the shipping tube they arrive in (or any tube).
To clean your backdrop, simply take a damp rag and wipe clean. You may also use a small amount of dish soap if necessary.
If your backdrop happens to crease or wrinkle, simply roll back up nice and taut and stick into your shipping tube overnight. If this does not work, a blowdryer may also be used. Please take caution not to hold the dryer too close to the material.
How can I hang the backdrop?
The following are ways you can hang a backdrop:
1) Hang onto a backdrop stand with clamps (simply clamp your backdrop to the horizontal pole)
2) Apply a pole pocket to the top of your backdrop. Pole pockets are an additional $15. With a pole pocket, you can slide your backdrop onto the horizontal pole.
3) Apply grommets to your backdrop. Grommets are an additional $10 per backdrop.
4) Tape your backdrop to a wall with heavy duty tape.
5) Use tacks, thumbnails, nails, etc
6) Use earthquake putty or UHU putty
7) Scotch 3M command strips
What is "Studio" and "Food/Product" material?
Our studio photography material has a surface more suitable for children/live subjects as well as for photos shot at a normal distance. Our food/product material has a surface that is more suitable for photographers photographing food/products or close up shots (i.e. flat lays etc). The surfaces of each material are slightly different (specifically picked out for each type of shooting) but are both made of the same high quality material.
Custom and personalized orders
Yes! We can print custom orders! If you can provide us with the file, we can print! We can also create simple designs if you don't have the file to provide us with. Please contact us for a quote on a custom backdrop!
How are the backdrops packaged when shipped?
All backdrops are rolled into sturdy shipping tubes for shipping.
Can the backdrops be used as floor drops?
Yes! All of our backdrops can be used as either the background backdrop or floor drop.