Combining design & teaching into pdf sewing patterns.
I’d like you to know who you’re buying your Pattern Emporium PDF patterns from so that you are confident about the quality of the product you’re buying.
• My name is Kate McAuley. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Fashion from RMIT. I have been working in the Fashion Industry since 1989.
• I studied Pattern Making & Textiles as part of my Fashion Design degree (1994-6) along with Design Development, History of Fashion, Marketing, Illustration, CAD, etc. and graduated top of my class.
• I owned a ladieswear design business selling to 50 stores Australia-wide. I designed the ranges, made & graded all of our patterns and can proudly say that we were known for the superb & easy fit of our garments.
• I also completed further study (Children’s Wear Patternmaking) in 2001 after giving birth to my gorgeous son Oscar.
• As Senior Designer for Jockey Underwear, my patternmaking skills for further extended into the undergarment & stretch field.
• As Owner & Designer for Indigo Magenta, I have focussed mainly on Childrenswear, with a minor focus on Ladieswear.
• I LOVE to design. I love to create. I love the architecture of making patterns & the joy of sewing something where every piece just fits beautiful into the next It’s so satisfying and I’m nerdy enough to admit, it fills me with glee each time.
• 5 years ago I was a Fashion Designer Single Mum with 1 fantastic little boy living and working in Inner City Melbourne in designer clothes and high heeled boots.
• Now I’m mum to 5 fantastic kids aged 13-21 and have the most awesome, supportive (& sexy) husband in the world (sorry ladies).
• And now I live by the beach in South East Queensland and spend my days barefoot. Bliss.... the perfect sea change.
• Did I mention that I LOVE what I do?
Owner, Designer, Patternmaker
Hi I'm Kate. I'm the owner/designer/patternmaker at Pattern Emporium. I have 5 amazing kids, a fabulous hubby, I LOVE to design, I'm a trained designer/patternmaker & I'm so blessed to be able to immerse myself in what I love every day. xx
Small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, ETSY or similar may sell products made from this pattern, but must reference the pattern author in product descriptions, for example “This skirt was made using a Pattern Emporium pattern”. Thank-you for understanding.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
Additional policies and FAQs
Email: patternemporium [!at] gmail.com
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/patternemporium
Frequently asked questions
Use coupon code PEBUNDLE2 to receive 10% discount when you purchase 2 or more patterns.
Use coupon code PEBUNDLE3 to receive 15% discount when you purchase 3 or more patterns.
ARE YOU PATTERNS IN METRIC OR IMPERIAL MEASUREMENTS?
All patterns are in both centimetres & inches.