Quilts on the Fly
Some of my favorite memories growing up was spending time with my Great Aunt. We used to make all sorts of things on her '53 Singer Sewing Machine. Although tattered now from years of use, I still have a quilt that she made for me as a child. As an adult, quilting was my escape from my stressful career as a Flight Paramedic. When I retired from EMS, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to spend more time doing what I love.
Over the years, I have made quilts for birthday presents, wedding presents, sporting events and much more. Along with making custom quilts, I do gift baskets, composition book covers, pillowcases, crib bedding and more. I also do longarm quilting with my computerized quilting machine. Check out the Price List page on my website for more details on quilting services
We are located in the heart of the beautiful Northwest in Vancouver, WA. We currently have over 700 bolts of fabric in stock, and our inventory is always updating and being added to. Contact us if you would like to stop by, or you can always enjoy the comfort of shopping online from your own home. I look forward to hearing from you!
When I retired from my career as a Flight Paramedic, I needed something to fill my time. Quilting had always been what I turned to for relaxation. I love being able to share my passion for quilting and sewing with others!
I have been quilting for over fifteen years, beginning shortly before my first son was born. I love all aspects of quilting: fabric and pattern selection, piecing, quilting, binding, all of it!
I have been quilting for about 18 years. My aunt taught me to quilt and now it is a hobby that our entire family enjoys doing together.
Accepted payment methods
WA state residents will be charged 8.4% sales tax.
We are known for our super fast shipping and careful packaging!!
Our shipping policy is 1-3 business days, however, many times we have your order prepared and shipped within a few hours of placing the order.
We ship Monday thru Friday.
The default method of shipping for our store is USPS First Class Mail. We can economically ship up to 2-2.5 yards of cotton fabric this way. Please see the insurance section for more information about First Class Shipping.
Unless otherwise stated, the following outlines how most items are shipped:
2 yards or less (<16 oz) will ship via USPS First Class mail.
9 yards or less will ship via USPS Priority Flat Rate Envelope/Padded Envelope.
More than 9 yards will ship via USPS Priority Flat Rate Box.
If you are ordering multiple small items and you want Priority Mail, please send us a message or add a note at checkout. Otherwise, we will send it by First Class Mail if under 16 oz and refund the difference.
If you order multiple items and an outrageous shipping amount appears in your basket, I will refund the overage when the items are shipped! If you order a small amount and we can ship it for less than what was charge, any excess over $2 will be refunded. We do not like paying too much for shipping, and therefore will not charge you excessive shipping fees!
We strive to find the best rates for our international customers as well! If you have a small order and would like us to ship it First Class International WITHOUT delivery confirmation, please let us know. We are happy to see if we can save you money in that way, however when choosing to ship without delivery confirmation or insurance, we are not responsible for packages once they have been dropped at the post office. Please allow 2-8 weeks for delivery on International Packages.
All duties and taxes are the responsibility of the customer.
Most cotton fabrics fewer than 2 yards will ship via USPS First Class Mail unless otherwise requested. This does NOT include insurance. If you would like to add insurance to your package, please convo us so we can provide you with a listing for the extra postage charge. We do our best to get your packages to you in a timely manner, which means there are days we make multiple trips to the Post Office. In the rare instance your package becomes lost, please contact us right away so that we can help track it down! If insurance was purchased we can begin the insurance claim process.
Priority Mail Domestic Shipping includes up to $100 insurance.
Priority Mail International Flat Rate shipping includes up to $100 USD insurance.
Returns and exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
- For returns, please contact within 3 days of the packaged postmarked as delivered. Item needs to be returned within 7 days of delivery.
- Unless item is damaged or defective, buyer to pay return shipping fees. Any item returned for reasons other than damaged or defective will incur a 20% restocking fee. Item must be in original condition. Items, cut, altered, washed, etc will not be accepted for return. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
- You MUST contact us first before shipping any item back for return.
- Once item has been received and inspected, customer will receive refund for the cost of fabric, minus the original shipping costs and restocking fee.
Orders may be cancelled as long as the fabric has not been cut and the order filled. Just let me know as soon as possible and I will refund your money if those conditions have been met.
If the order has been filled but not yet mailed, the order may be cancelled and a refund will be issued minus a 20% Cancellation fee.
No refunds or replacement for packages that have been marked as delivered by the USPS or other carrier. If your package tracking shows it has been delivered and you have not received it, please start by filing a missing item search on USPS.com.
We want customers to be completely satisfied with their purchase! Please contact us if there is any issue with your order and we will do our best to come to a satisfactory resolution.
Additional policies and FAQs
We sell on a first-come, first –serve basis. Custom Listing orders or reserved listing orders are not filled until payment has been made. Items may be held for a short window of time, but please contact us first so we can make arrangements to hold your items for you.
Often times we have more of an item than what is listed, please contact us if you are looking for more than what is listed.
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, Quilts on the Fly, is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at QuiltsOnTheFly [!at] gmail.com. Alternately, you may phone us at:
Quilts on the Fly - 1-503-974-6380