Let's make a difference, together.
I specialize in sourcing fibers that are safe for people and the environment, and from farms where ethical animal treatment is practiced.
I take joy in knowing that my customers also appreciate those things, and wish to make a difference by incorporating conscious products into their art, and well… everyday life!
A healthy environment is important to me, and I believe that making conscious choices about how we live day to day can effect us, not just locally, but globally. This idea translates into my own artwork, and sharing that vision of 'conscious making' is an integral part of my life.
My own personal eco-conscious practices include recycling/re-purposing, composting, solar power, (I'm typing this using sun-power right now! ...I still get excited about it...) and rainwater collection, which is great for felting and what I use daily in my studio work. Try it!
As buyers and sellers, we are the ones who show the fiber industry (or any industry) what matters to us, with reverence for quality, safety, and doing as little harm in the world as possible. One purchase at a time (or non-purchase!) is how we create change in the world.
I really do believe that together, we CAN make a difference...
Feltmaker, treehugger, cat-herder, and texture junkie.
Accepted payment methods
Occasionally, the Etsy website calculates shipping fees too high for multiple item purchases. If there is an excessive overage, I will automatically issue a refund to you prior to shipping your items, and you will receive a notification of this from Etsy.
PLEASE NOTE - If I'm running a Flat Rate Shipping Sale, no shipping overage refunds will be given during the duration of the sale.
UPDATE: I will combine shipping and issue refund overages on multiple items, ONLY WHEN you use the 'Add to Cart' button, which creates one invoice for all of your items.
I can no longer issue refunds if you use the 'Buy it Now' button and create a separate invoice for each individual item. The extra fees that get charged and additional time it takes to fulfill those orders no longer makes it feasible. In keeping with my philosophy of no waste, I will still ship multiple items going to the same person at the same address in a single package, unless not enough shipping fees were collected at checkout. This is a rare occurrence, but does happen from time to time. Really, the best thing for everyone is to just use the 'Add to Cart' button. Thanks for your understanding.
If you have any questions at all regarding shipping fees, please don't hesitate to contact me prior to placing your order. If you'd like a quote for multiple items, please include what items you are wanting to order, and your zip code. I have no way to see what's in your cart, so as much information you can give me in your first email will help us figure things out much faster!
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Digital downloads
Returns and exchange details
Here is my general refund/exchange policy...
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, I offer an exchange or refund if you contact me within 7 days of receiving the item. You will receive further instructions at that time based on the situation. Please note that the item must be returned in the same condition it was received and in the original packaging before a refund is disbursed, and must be returned by trackable mail. Shipping costs will not be reimbursed.
If an item should get damaged in shipment, a photograph of the damage will be required, but returning it will probably not be necessary.
This Privacy Notice describes how and when I collect, use, and share information when you purchase an item from me, contact me, or otherwise use my services through Etsy.com or its related sites and services.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information (your account numbers are never shared with me), and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information if you contact me directly, for example, if you requested a custom order.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to running my business and to serving you. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with my services and as described in my Privacy Notice. However, I may also be required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements. I generally keep your data for the following time period: 7 years.
Transfers of Personal Information
The only reason I would transfer your data would be if you request to be on my email list. If you do, I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as MailChimp is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Karen Waters, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at
hello [!at] soulfeltdesigns.com. Alternately, you may mail me at: Karen Waters LLC, PO Box 201, Tesuque, New Mexico, USA 87574
Frequently asked questions
Is your wool ethically sourced from non-mulesed sheep?
Yes! All the wool sold through SoulFelt Designs comes from non-mulesed sheep.
Do you combine shipping and refund excess shipping fees?
Yes, absolutely! (Unless I'm running a Flat Rate Shipping Sale.)
If you purchase multiple items using the 'Add to Cart' button (which creates a single invoice), and the Etsy checkout has miscalculated shipping fees, I will automatically refund excessive shipping overages. See my Shipping Policies for more details.
Do you ship outside of the United States?
No, not at this time.