SugarKitty aka The Human Sew-Nado!
SugarKitty Couture is the creation of 39-year old seamstress, Shannon. SugarKitty is a one-woman operation - run out of her basement studio in Columbus, OH.. SugarKitty has been a project more than 30 years in the making, ever since she received her first counted-cross stitch kit. After purchasing an inferior quality corset, Shannon decided that she should put her stitching talents to work. She began creating custom corsets in 2002, and by 2004 SugarKitty became a full-time (ad)venture.
In January 2014, Shannon went on indefinite hiatus from corset making. Due to the ever-increasing cost of supplies and materials, as well as a grotesquely over-saturated market, it was no longer feasible to make a living as a corsetiere.
Owner, Designer, Stitcher, Photographer, Web Designer, Shipper, Purchaser, Customer Service Rep, Workaholic
Shannon loves dogs, tattoos, the color pink, coffee, Mid-Century Modern, and Chinese dumplings. She lives in Columbus, Ohio with her spoiled little dogs Pedro & Murphy, and her handsome boyfriend.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
Frequently asked questions
Custom and personalized orders
As of January 2018, one-off/custom pastie designs not currently available in the Etsy shop will be handled through my regular website only.
Certain items are available for wholesale purchase. Please use this guest link to view my linesheet and wholesale policies: https://www.etsy.com/guest-pass/e5985c9e24d1d079e2506f00
Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions about wholesale orders.
Return Policy (Excluding Pasties)
ALL SALES FINAL! NO RETURNS ON ANY ITEM!
● DeStash, Ready-to-Wear & Clearance/Sale items are sold AS-IS. Any flaws will be noted in listing description.
● If I've made an error with a custom-made item (other than pasties) I will fix/repair/replace it! You must contact me within 7 days of receipt with photographic proof. If your return is valid, I'll send a pre-paid return shipping label.
● Once an item has shipped, I have NO control over USPS, nor am I responsible for late/missed deliveries on their part. RETURNS ARE NOT ACCEPTED DUE TO USPS ISSUES! I will handle lost/damaged items on a case-by-case basis.
● PLEASE contact me directly with problems before leaving feedback. I rarely see feedback, so I can't fix what I'm unaware of!
Pastie Return Policy
● Due to their intimate nature, returns are not accepted on any pasties. PLEASE check the sizing & color choices before ordering. Sale/Clearance & Ready-to-Wear pasties are sold AS-IS!
● If I have made any construction/sizing error, I will fix/repair/replace it! You must contact me within 7 days of receipt with photographic proof. If your return is valid, I'll send a pre-paid return shipping label.
★★THANKS TO SCAMMERS, NO ADDITIONAL WORK WILL BE COMPLETED UNTIL ORIGINAL ORDER IS RETURNED! ★★
● All other issues (issues with USPS such as late delivery, damage, etc) will be handled on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE contact me directly with problems before leaving feedback. I rarely see feedback, so I can't fix what I'm not aware of!
Pastie Exchange Policy
● Under very strict circumstances, I will accept exchanges on pasties (and ONLY pasties - does not apply to any other item in my shop). Excludes sale/clearance & one-off pasties. Exchanges MUST be approved and certain conditions met. Don't just send items back!
● Buyer pays all associated shipping costs, & item(s) must be received before work begins on new order. If item(s) being exchanged are not returned in required condition, exchange will be canceled. Because time & money is lost on exchange orders, each item returned is subject to 10-15% restocking fee.
● Due to heavy workload, exchanges will be put at the end order queue and are subject to longer turnaround time. If a specific due date is required, a rush fee may be assessed.
● Size charts are posted within every single pastie listing. I work hard to make sure there are no surprises about the shape and sizing of my pasties (or any other custom item). If you're still unsure about how to choose the correct pastie size, please download this printable size chart: https://goo.gl/4eUKzI. I am not responsible for you choosing the incorrect size!
● Please remember, this is a handmade item. No two pairs of pasties will be identical. There are minor variants in every pair, due to composition of materials, tiny flaws and size variations in rhinestones, among other factors. As well, paste size factors into the number of rhinestones each pair will have; obviously XXS pasties will have far fewer than size XXL.
Pastie Turnaround Time / Rush Order Policy
● Currently: 4 WEEKS. That means, your pasties will be handmade to order and SHIPPED within 4 weeks (does NOT include transit time). If you need your item sooner than the posted turnaround time, please ASK BEFORE YOU ORDER to verify availability!! Special requests made after purchase may not be honored.
⍟ 2 Weeks: Rush fee of $10 per pair of pasties up to 5 pairs* + required upgrade to Express Mail or Express Mail International.
⍟ 1 Week: Rush fee of $25 per pair of pasties up to 5 pairs* + required upgrade to Express Mail or Express Mail International.
*If schedule permits. Please inquire before purchasing. Order here: www.etsy.com/listing/545252793/
How do I put on the pasties?
● SugarKitty Pasties are NOT self-adhesive. They are built from an extremely tough material that is intended to be used over and over again. Adhesive selection is as varied as the individual wearer, so making them non-sticky allows you to choose what adhesive you like best.
● Each set of pasties includes 4 pieces of double-sided body tape so that they can be worn right out of the box! Also included is a list of different adhesive suggestions & where to buy them.
● All pastie orders include a comprehensive set of instructions that includes information on how to store them, how to put them on & take them off.
Why does your website have more options/cost less than Etsy?
Simple. It's exorbitantly expensive to sell on Etsy. There's a fee to list your item, a fee when your item sells, and a fee to accept credit cards. It costs thousands of dollars annually to run a busy Etsy shop, versus ~$50/month to run a retail website.
Starting in 2018, I will be offering fewer items in my Etsy shop. Etsy all but removed seller protections, making it very easy to be scammed & abused by buyers. I'm tired of being called names, stalked, and stolen from while Etsy does little or nothing to protect my shop from these toxic buyers.
I offer high-quality handmade goods, and provide exceptional customer service. That should be rewarded, not punished.
Why was my pastie order canceled?
If your order was canceled, an explanation will be included with the cancellation. Most likely, the order was canceled due to missing color choices from the buyer. Each individual pastie listing has explicit ordering instructions (many include adding a 'Note to Seller' at checkout. If those instructions are not followed, your order cannot be completed.
I do not have the time to find missing information left off of orders. As well, it is very easy for me to make an error when rhinestone and or/tassel color choices are left out. Feel free to re-order with the correct/missing information.