Supplies for craft, textile, jewellery making, weddings and parties, plus books, kawaii stationery and more!
The Very Small Co is a micro business - just me! Based in the UK, I sell books and patterns, buttons, ribbons, kawaii stationery, kits, knitting needles, plus craft, textile, jewellery-making, wedding and party supplies! My other Etsy shop, HillTribeSilverUK, sells Fair Trade Karen Hill Tribe Silver jewellery components.
I live in Derbyshire in the UK with my family and an eccentric cat (who fits in well with the rest of the crew!)
I'm a keen crafter, enjoying spinning, embroidery, feltmaking, knitting, making jewellery, and papercrafts (also tried my hand at lampworking, silversmithing and more!) I live in Derbyshire (UK) with my family and our eccentric cat.
Accepted payment methods
Please note that I do not receive any of your bank, credit or debit card details - all payments are handled by Etsy via their secure payment system.
Parcels will be sent out as soon as possible when I have been notified by Etsy that payment has cleared.
I will inform you when I have posted a parcel. If there is any expected delay, I will contact you.
I am based in the UK, and I ship only by Royal Mail. All postal charges are subject to change in line with Royal Mail price increases. Fast shipping may be available for UK customers only by arrangement, on payment of an additional fee. Please contact me BEFORE YOU PAY for details if you need fast UK shipping.
Please note that in general my stated shipping costs are accurate (determined by parcel value, weight and dimensions) and do include an element for packaging and handling as well as actual postage costs. I do not make any profit on postage and packing charges.
I sell only perfect items (unless explicitly labelled as "seconds"), and package all items securely and appropriately for shipping. I cannot be held responsible for damage to goods during transit.
Shipping Address: It is the buyer's responsibility to provide the correct shipping address. I cannot do anything if you provide an old or incorrect shipping address and do not let me know IMMEDIATELY. Once an order is posted, I cannot recall it or redirect it.
Overseas Customers: Please bear in mind that your parcel will not actually leave the UK on the date I post it - it takes time for Royal Mail to sort parcels and ship them to the embarkation point. Shipping times for parcels to be delivered in countries other than the UK can range from 5-21 WORKING days, so please allow plenty of time for your order to reach you. Transit times will inevitably be longer in many countries during peak times like Christmas.
- Sorry but I am unable to offer fast shipping for overseas customers.
- Overseas customers are responsible for the payment of any import fees and taxes due in their own countries.
Countries I ship to:
If you don't see your country listed in my postal options, please convo me - I may be able to help, but I do not ship to countries without trackable mail services.
Any questions, please convo me.
Returns and exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
In the event of any problems at all, I would ask you to please contact me before leaving negative feedback. My customers are important to me, and I will try to resolve any issues to our mutual satisfaction.
If you need to return any item for a refund, please let me know and return goods using a recorded postal service for your own protection and so that you know I have received your parcel - if I don't receive your parcel, I cannot offer a refund.
Refunds will be made via Etsy Payments when returned items are received by me.
Please note: I do not make refunds or offer replacements if you provide an incorrect shipping address at the time of ordering. I cannot do anything to recall or redirect a parcel once posted.
Additional policies and FAQs
Whilst I try my best to describe pieces and show colours accurately in photographs, I'm sure you'll appreciate that different computer screens show colours differently. Please note that due to the handmade nature of some of the components (eg handmade lampwork beads, paper beads) they do vary slightly in size and pattern, but this does not detract from their appeal.
To fulfil your order, you provide me with certain information (which, by using Etsy, you authorise Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment method (which excludes all bank, credit and debit card details), and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for example if you require a custom order). If you choose to contact me directly via an Etsy convo, I simply receive your message and Etsy user name as part of the convo.
WHY YOUR INFORMATION IS NEEDED AND HOW IT IS USED
I rely on a number of legal bases to use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide you with customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
• I use your information to provide the services you requested;
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• In order to ship your order, I need to share your information with the postal service, to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• To comply with various laws in connection with my business, I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Please note that I do not use or store any of your personal information for marketing purposes; I do not operate a mailing list.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EU
Etsy may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, they may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your own.
By using Etsy, you agree to their terms and conditions regarding the processing, handling and storage of the data you provide to them to fulfill your order(s).
I do not transfer or store your data.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases as described below:
• You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the very limited personal information I hold about you by contacting me (using the contact information below); however this will simply be a copy of your order(s), as held securely by Etsy (see above).
• If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.