TimeisEphemeral is taking a short break
Note from seller
I am taking a short break and plan to have the shop reopen on Monday July 23rd. Enjoy your Summer (or Winter, whichever hemisphere you may be living in). Best to all, Ruth
Sorry we don't have anything like that.
The Long Journey to Find My Creative Center - found out it wasn't missing, just dormant!!!
I took a long journey to get here. I particularly love ephemera and that coincides with my earlier passion for collage work. I love paper crafting and combining elements of vintage and antique paper with other items such as fabric and lace and off the wall items.
When I went back to college in my 30's I minored in art and allowed my family to convince me that it wasn't a "career" path, so I opted out. It was a really difficult choice. I went on to get my Masters in Educational Psychology and Counseling and found myself providing therapy in Correctional settings for the next 16 years.
I am now semi-retired but have this love of antiques that has led me to be in a multi-dealer group shop for the past 11 years - the Concord Antique Gallery- and I love the social aspect as much as the hunt for more treasures!
I also have a love of buttons that has grown since I was a child and saw the fascinating button collection of my Grampy. I am a member of the National Button Society (I highly recommend it!). I hope to share of my experiences and my creativity with my friends and customers in the years to come.
Around the web
Owner, Artist, Collector
I love ephemera. It coincides w/ my early passion for collage work. I have a love of buttons that has grown since I was a child & saw the fascinating button collection of my Grampy. I hope to share of my experiences & my creativity w/ my customers.
I describe items to the best of my ability and experience, both the good and the not so good aspects. My friends know I am a stickler for information about items, about how they are packaged and advertised. They also know I really don't like moldy smells and odors on paper items and have been known to throw out buttons in poor condition (unless they are rare). If an item I am listing has particular problems I will make sure you are aware of them, because from time to time there are hard to find or rare items that may be worth conserving, or taking apart for other projects.
Accepted payment methods
• Packages will be mailed within 1-3 business days of payment. Most of the time the day after you place the order.
• Packages will be sent through USPS by First Class or Priority Mail. Media Mail will be used with a tracking number.
• You may choose to upgrade the suggested shipping; insurance and confirmation costs are paid by the Buyer. It is recommended that if the value of the item is over $50.00 that you purchase insurance. If you require a different shipping method please allow for additional time for me to manage the transaction.
• I am happy to ship outside of the US. Customs and Duties are paid by the Buyer.
Returns and exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
• Please contact me before you ship it if you are going to return a purchase. NO REFUNDS UNLESS THE MERCHANDISE IS RETURNED IN ITS ORIGINAL CONDITION.
• If your item is damaged during shipping and is within the scope of USPS to cover, you will need to file a damage claim as appropriate and contact me immediately so I may follow up on it with you.
Additional policies and FAQs
• I am always happy to answer any questions you may have about an item and if you need additional pictures of an item before making a decision, that can be arranged.