Accepted payment methods
will be despatched on receipt of payment, usually within 1 or 2 working days.
Items within the UK posted 1st class Royal Mail
Items posted overseas posted air mail.
Digital files - Instant downloads:-
Files will be available from ETSY immediately on receipt of payment.
Custom digital portraits and illustrations;-
Files will be available within 24 hours of approval of emailed proofs.
Returns and exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
I hope you will enjoy your item, but if you are not satisfied for any reason, please do contact me in the first instance and I will work with you to resolve the issue as soon as possible. In the unlikely event that your item is damaged upon receipt, please return your order to me immediately and I will issue you with a refund.
I accept refunds on items returned in the condition they were sent out, in the original packaging, buyer responsible for postage.
Refunds on digital downloads are not accepted. Once the files have been downloaded it is impossible to return them, and I am unable to give a refund. However, if you experience any problems, please contact me and I will do my best to resolve any issues.
Additional policies and FAQs
The copyright on all art work remains property of the artist, Jan Wearmouth.
Instant downloads permissions for usage:-
Copyright and usage permission:-
You can use the image to create and print goods for your personal use
You can use the image up to 500 times by purchasing one of the additional small commercial use licenses.
If you would like to use the image more than 500 times, please re-purchase the commercial use license and image.
You can give and sell products you have created with this image, to friends, family, on craft stalls, events and shops etc.
You can sell physical products you have created with the image on ETSY, EBAY and your own website.
You cannot give, sell or forward the digital file to anyone else in it's electronic/digital form.
You cannot use this image to create digital goods for commercial use. Physical goods only please.
You cannot upload or publish this file to any website, including third party selling websites such as Zazzle. You must have created the product yourself if you wish to sell it.
If you wish to use any image for larger commercial use please contact me.
CUSTOM PET PORTRAITS:-
Personal use only.
If you wish to commission artwork for commercial use please contact me.
Please contact me for further information if you need further clarification. Thank you for helping to protect artists copyright.
Please note that once the files have been downloaded it is not possible to return them, and I will be unable to offer a refund. If however, you have a problem with files or downloads, please contact me and I'll do my best to help, or resolve any issues.
1. INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
3. INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU. I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
5. HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Jan Wearmouth, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at: Jan [!at] wearmouthshare.com
Alternately, you may write to me at:
Jan Wearmouth, 21 The Orchard, Sedgefield, TS21 3AQ, United Kingdom
Frequently asked questions
How will I download my purchased files?
Method 1 - Within a few minutes of your purchase you will receive an email from ETSY providing a link to your files for download.
Method 2 - Select "You", "Purchases and Reviews". (Top right of the page if you are viewing on the ETSY website, bottom of the page if you are using the ETSY app). Your order can be viewed and files downloaded.
Useful link to ETSY help page:-
What if I don’t like my custom pet portrait?
I email watermarked proofs of your portrait to you within 24 to 48 hours. If you don’t like it you receive a full refund.
You can request amendments, and still receive a full refund if you don’t like it.
When you are satisfied with the proofs I email a link for you to download the full size files. Once you have downloaded the full size files no refund can be made.