Let me take you back to one rainy day...
When it Rains Paper Co. is the story of 2 sisters who made their dreams a reality one rainy day. We specialize in paper, party, and personalization. If it’s made of paper, you can count on us to turn it into something with bold patterns, bright colors, and quirky designs.
What began as a hobby to finance our love of travel has grown into a life-altering passion for us. We’ve always had a desire for making everything we come across fabulous. Whether it’s planning a trip, hosting a Bachelor viewing party, or the regular girl’s night out; no detail is spared. Most people would say we go overboard. Us? This is our normal. Our lives are filled with spreadsheets and confetti, glitter and sharpies, scissors and checklists – and that was way before we started our paper business.
Want some fun facts? We buy avocados once a week. We get asked if we are twins almost every day. We rock, paper, scissors when it comes to important decisions and our sarcasm sometimes gets us in trouble. Most importantly, we love to get up in the morning, talk with our customers, and create goodies for their weddings, birthdays, and other milestones. (But that’s after a cup of coffee, of course.)
Owner, Maker, Designer, Photographer
Owner, Maker, Designer
With the help of quality vendors, we can now bring you When it Rains Paper Co designs in the form of rubber stamps. Handcrafted in the United States.
With the help of quality vendors, we can now bring you When it Rains Paper Co designs that require special printing services such as binding, drilling, and scoring! Eco-friendly and handcrafted in the United States.
Accepted payment methods
Tracking is included with all orders. As soon as your order is shipped, you will receive an email with your tracking number so that you can follow your package.
We ship via USPS. Packages ship First Class unless you specify before your purchase that you would like an upgraded shipping method.
If you do not specify a font or ink color choice during checkout, we will print what is shown in the sample photo.
Returns and exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
To be eligible for a return, you must notify us within 3 business days of any damaged products.
All non-personalized products that are returned will incur a 10% restocking fee.
After 48 hours, we do not accept cancellation requests. Orders are considered "in production" at this point and cannot be cancelled.
Additional policies and FAQs
The back of all fold-over note cards will include our shop logo. (This cannot be changed.) The logo and URL are not printed on flat note cards.
Large and bulk orders are welcomed and encouraged! We are happy to offer discounts if minimum requirements are met. Please convo us for questions.
Information We Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, we at When it Rains Paper Co are the data controllers of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me us at hello [!at] whenitrainspaper.com.
Frequently asked questions
Can you recommend a cup size?
We recommend ordering a larger size than you think you need. While the smaller sizes may be tempting because of the price, keep in mind that 8 fluid ounces is approximately 1 cup of liquid.
Cup ounce size is the EXACT size filled to the brim. Ounce size does not include room for ice or room at the top to avoid spills. Please take this into account when making your selection.
Drink recommendations based on cup size:
8oz - kid's parties, tastings
10oz - smallest size recommended for wine
12oz - wine, spirits, mixed cocktails
14oz - mixed cocktails
16oz* - beer, soft drinks, tea
20oz - beer, soft drinks, tea
24oz - water, soft drinks, tea
*16oz is the most popular size
Can I see a proof?
By default, we do not send proofs. This allows us to ship your order as fast as possible. We are happy to send proofs upon request. Please do so in the notes section during checkout - otherwise, you will NOT receive a proof. If a proof is requested, it will be sent within 1 business day after purchase.
Please be advised that requesting a proof will extend your turnaround time. The turnaround time for your order does not start until we have proof approval.