Bits and Bobbins
It all started with my grandmother's button tin…I still have her tin of buttons, and to this day, I love the sound of my fingers running through that enormous stash of hers!
I find new homes for beautiful old patterns, with the kind of people who understand how good it feels—and sounds—to run your fingers through hundreds of vintage buttons. I count out each pattern piece, ironing and re-folding the tissue when necessary, and then place each viable pattern into a polyethylene sleeve while it waits for its new owner to unwrap it and get to work creating a new masterpiece. Will it be you?
Ninja-skilled freelance production artist, vintage clothing collector and vendor, sewing hobbyist, verbivore. I believe in serial commas, ink on paper, and baking from scratch. The halter dress in my portrait is Butterick 5214 (reissue from 1947).
Vintage clothing is my passion. I am a conscientious seller, because I am also an avid buyer. Quality, design, and condition is always taken into consideration. You can rest assured that I have personally counted the pieces of every used pattern to make sure they are complete, or have noted the pieces that might be missing. Check back often, new listings are updated as frequently as possible. Most items are one-of-a-kind, so if you're in love with an item be sure to make it yours before someone else makes it theirs!
Accepted payment methods
Winkorama Vintage Sewing gift certificates can be used for any Winkorama Vintage Sewing listing(s). Any remaining balance will be reissued to the bearer as a new gift certificate.
Colorado residents will automatically be charged state sales tax upon checkout.
Listed fees are calculated with USPS First Class packaging.
I make every effort to ship within 2 business days of payment. If you need something for a specific event, contact me BEFORE placing your order to confirm that I can meet the delivery date you require. Expedited charges will be determined by location and are the responsibility of the customer.
INTERNATIONAL: Please be aware that your country may assess Value Added Tax or Import Tax on your item. These charges are your responsibility, and I have NO control over them. I cannot and do not falsify customs forms.
Returns and exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
* All returned items must be received in the original purchase condition.
* Returned items must not have been used, damaged, or altered from the condition in which they arrived.
* All labels, tags, or packaging on items must not be missing, broken or removed.
* A Return Authorization (via Convo or email) must be obtained BEFORE returning any items. No refunds or credits will be given on items returned without first obtaining a Return Authorization.
* Your request for a Return Authorization must be received within fourteen (14) days of item delivery. (No exceptions)
* Return packages must be postmarked no later than twenty-one (21) days from date of delivery.
* Returned items must be packaged securely in the same or comparable box or envelope as shipped.
* Return package must include a tracking number and be insured for full purchase price. This is required for YOUR security.
* Claims for returned packages lost or damaged in transit must be made by the shipper.
Upon receiving your authorized return, items will be carefully inspected and if conditions for return have been met, a credit to your payment account will be issued.
The following stipulations apply to refunds and credits:
* A 10% restocking fee will apply for all returned items.
(Purchase Price of item, less 10%)
* Credit will ONLY be issued to the account on file for the original purchase.
* Shipping, handling and insurance charges are non-refundable. Customer is responsible for all return shipping and insurance costs. Returns sent COD will be refused.
Additional policies and FAQs
1. Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. Data Retention
5. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, Winkorama Vintage Sewing is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at winkorama [!at] gmail.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Winkorama Vintage Sewing | 3061 W 92nd Ave 3C | Westminster, CO 80031 USA
If you wish to access, correct, or delete personal information held by Etsy, you may contact Etsy at Etsy.com/help for assistance.