alusleather is taking a short break
Note from seller
We are taking a short break due to our famous national holiday, Eid al-Fitr from June, 7th to 24th. We will reopen our shop on June, 25th. All orders that were made prior to June, 7th will be shipped on June, 8-9th. Emails will be replied, but might be slower. Thank you.
Sorry we don't have anything like that.
Afforfable post production leather scraps
We started AlusIndonesia at https://www.etsy.com/shop/alusindonesia in 2015, with only one small phone camera and one machine. At that time, Rosi, an autodidact bag maker who learned through his work in a bag factory, lived, and worked in a 4 x 4 m room, which was very unhealthy. Now we rent a small room as our work space, and as our production grows, our leather scraps are mounting and we do not have the resources to create crafts out of them.
As an addition to respond to numerous questions we received about the leather we are using, this shop is a way to help us make use of these scraps and not throw them away. We open this shop to cater the needs of DIY craft lovers and to minimize our waste.
We have large collections of leather and we are happy to accept bulk orders. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Around the web
Owner, Customer Service
I open and manage this shop, I also respond to all of your questions. Drop me a message if you have any queries about our products. :)
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Frequently asked questions
Custom and personalized orders
I am happy to accept custom and personalised orders. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
TEAR DROP :
♥ S : 1.75 x 1 inches
♥ M : 2.5 x 1,4 inches
♥ L : 3.5 x 1,75 inches
♥ 2.5 x 1.2 Inches
♥ 2.75 x 0.5 Inches
SQUARE / RECTANGLE :
♥ S : 4 x 6 inches
♥ M : 8 x 10 inches
♥ L : 12 x 12 inches (1 square feet)
LAMB SKIN / WHOLE :
♥ 6 - 8 Square feet
Why is the scrap sold in different quantity?
We determine the number of pieces we sell in one listing based on :
1. Weight : for example, calf hair is thicker and heavier, and is more expensive in shipping, and it makes sense if you buy 1 piece of 4 x 6 " leather cut at one time, since you will not waste any shipping cost. And lamb skin is very light, and it saves you more money to buy and ship more pieces in one go. The way our shipping cost is calculated is : 0 - 50 gr, 50 - 100gr, 100 - 250 gr, 250 - 500 gr, 500 gr - 1 kg, and so on.
2. Our remaining material, what is left from our productions. Sometimes we only have a few left, and therefore we either mix it with other colors, or sell it as it is.