I design amigurumi crochet patterns for all sorts of cute creatures and amazing characters.
I learned to crochet as a child, but hadn't done it for a long time until I needed to make things for my children's school bazaar. Once I looked online and discovered amigurumi (cute crocheted toys) I very quickly started making them to my own patterns. Other people seemed interested in the patterns, so I started writing them up and sharing them. When I realised how popular they were I decided to start my Etsy shop.
I always wanted to work at something creative, but I never had any confidence in being able to succeed in that area. Being able to build up my patterns gradually and sell them here on Etsy has given me the chance to work at something I love.
Designing and selling patterns is great fun, and very practical to do at home. I don't need a lot of stock, just a large selection of different colours of yarn. I don't even have to post items out, as all my patterns are in a PDF format and can be directly downloaded from Etsy.
I love science fiction and fantasy so I'm inspired by characters and ideas from those genres. I also love animals, so I enjoy making cute patterns for various creatures. My sons' enthusiasm for everything I make has definitely inspired me, and they're great for giving me new ideas.
I've written three crochet pattern books, Star Wars Crochet, Star Wars Even More Crochet, and Hollywood Crochet. I've also had patterns printed in some UK crochet magazines, including Inside Crochet and Crochet Gifts.
I have been turning all these amigurumi characters into patterns for several years now, and I try to put lots of information into each pattern to make it as easy to follow as possible. I will always try to answer any questions that may come up while you are making anything from any of my patterns.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
Additional policies and FAQs
I am always working on writing up more patterns, so let me know if there are any you are interested in. Photos of most of the items I've made in the past are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/96575205@N00/
I also have lots of free patterns available. You can find them listed on my blog:
Or on Ravelry:
I'm generally unable to work on any custom orders for finished items, I'm afraid.
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information, if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Lucy Collin, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at lucy [!at] ravenscar.demon.co.uk. Alternately, you may mail me at:
• Lucy Collin, 8 Highlands Road, Horsham, RH13 5LJ, UK