Happy embroidery patterns designed for you.
Polka & Bloom started in 2009 while I was in between 'real' jobs. And now designing embroidery patterns has turned into a real job.
As well as designing for Polka & Bloom I have written two books, contributed to several other books and had work published in various magazines (among them Mollie Makes and Homespun).
I am originally from Denmark, but now live outside of London in the UK with my husband Tony and our dog, a cheeky rescue Jack Russell called Blake. Follow me on Instagram (carinacraftblog) and you'll see plenty of pictures of Blake!
Things that inspire me: flowers, clouds, old buildings, art, drawing, London, frida Kahlo, folk art.
It usually starts with a tiny doodle in my sketchbook - or maybe a large doodle. Then I redraw it larger so it will work as a pattern. Sometimes I go straight to fabric and floss to stitch the pattern, and sometimes I draw the pattern on the computer first and then adjust it as I stitch it.
Colours are always an important part of the desgn process. They have to be just right.
Sometimes I come up with the name for a pattern myself and sometimes I ask my newsletter subscribers for help with 'crowd sourcing' a name. I love reading the suggestions! (Subscribe to the newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/cn5Ef.)
Once the pattern is stitched, it is photographed and files are prepared on the computer to make it into a PDF that you can buy in the shop. :-)
Owner, Designer, Maker, Curator, Photography
Hello! I'm Carina and I design all the embroidery patterns in the Polka & Bloom shop. I love colour, embroidery and clouds. Danish in the UK. Vegan.
If you have any questions about my work or the shop policies, please don't hesitate to contact me!
Accepted payment methods
When paying with a Paypal eCheque, please note that you will only receive the files in your order once payment has cleared. Likewise for physical items, they will not be shipped until payment has cleared. This usually takes 3-7 days. Please read this for more information: https://www.paypal-marketing.co.uk/guides/echeques/
I would like immediate payment, but within 2 days maximum. Please contact me if for some reason you need to delay payment; I'd be happy to sort something out. However, if I've not heard anything from the buyer within 7 days I will cancel the order.
I like to dispatch orders as quick as possible, so please beware of the following:
- quick payment = quick shipping! I will not ship your order until payment is received.
- make sure that your Etsy and Paypal addresses match up. If they don't I will need to check this with you and this may delay shipping.
I ship to any destination, as long as they have a postal service!
I will always try to ship orders within 2-3 days (weekends and holidays excluded). If there is a delay, I will let you know.
I use Royal Mail for shipping to both national and international destinations.
- For UK destinations I use Recorded Second Class Delivery, which means you normally receive your purchase in 2 days from when it has been posted. This delivery method needs to be signed for, so, on purchase,
please let me know in a 'note to seller' if this would be awkward for you.
- For international shipping, I use First Class Airmail. This should reach most destinations within 7-10 days. However, this is not a tracked or insured service, so if you would like this to be provided, please let me know in a 'note to seller' - or contact me before purchase. There is an extra charge for this, unfortunately.
Buyers are responsible for any additional customs or duty costs.
Returns and exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
For physical items I will accept returns if you contact me within 14 days of receiving your order, and if you return it to me within 30 days. The item/s must be unused and in the same condition as I sent it to you.
When I receive the item/s I will refund you the purchase price (excluding shipping) or exchange the item once I have checked the item/s. Unfortunately, I cannot refund any return shipping costs.
:: I do not accept returns of custom made orders. ::