Beautiful glass cabochons, beads and jewels - gorgeous and affordable for DIY jewelry!
I've always loved vintage, and the idea of using something that had already been made (so there wasn't even more of a manufacturing footprint) - and then one day I found a reliable source of vintage beads and glass jewels.
They were every bit as beautiful as the gemstones I'd been using to make jewelry in the past. I started using them in my own jewelry - and I bought a LOT. And decided I could offer them for sale in my Etsy shop.
I've since expanded so I have new glass gems as well as vintage ones - especially jewels I want to be able to re-order, which can be difficult with vintage! But I have to say, the old, unused vintage stock still has a special place in my heart. And they really do stay beautiful!
Along the way I discovered that helping people find just the right jewel, or sharing new goodies, was as much fun as making jewelry. It's a full-time gig for me - and I still enjoy it. And how lucky is that?
May we all be so blessed!
Owner, Curator, Shipper, Marketer, Everything-er
I'm Jen, the owner of Weekendjewelry1. I started making jewelry and then buying so many beads and jewels I had to sell some - and found out that was fun too!
Accepted payment methods
You can also use your credit card info via Etsy Payments. If you have any questions, please just ask!
I ship via the United States Post Office - first class with delivery confirmation for U.S. packages. International shipments are sent via the USPS first class international. If you have special carrier requirements drop me a note, we'll figure it out!
As of January 2016, USPS international shipping costs have gone up dramatically. I know the additional expense can be daunting! For my wonderful international customers, it actually makes sense to save up for fewer, larger orders - because the shipping cost for a 2-ounce package is now the same as the cost for a 7 or 8 ounce package! Please contact me with any questions you may have.
Also, please note that I accurately describe the contents of each international package (craft supplies, brass and glass beads, or similar description) and report the package value accurately on the customs form (the item value does NOT include shipping costs though). The item category is "merchandise" (I can't label your package as "gift", for example).
Many countries have additional customs fees, VAT, tariffs, etc. for international purchases, and the customer is liable for those additional fees. Please check with your local post office or customs office if you need more info about those additional costs. (Just as an example: in the United Kingdom, there is an additional VAT fee when the package value totals more than 15£ so you may wish to keep each individual package value below that amount.)
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Returns and exchange details
Additional policies and FAQs
Information I Collect:
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.